Closed Storage Organizing Ideas

I’ll definitely be putting glass signs where the glass is with the new update. :+1:

1 Like

With closed storage I switched my storage to 2 different models.

First one is the more compact with columns of open storage showing horizontally the filling. In this case 4 stacks indicate that there is more in the chest

Second one is just an on demand overflow of open storage via chests at the bottom

2 Likes

5 Likes

Thanks for the ideas. I like the T1-8 tools thing. Always depended on memory to figure out which was which. I guess for the exos ill just have a one big pile of boxes and ill dump everything from the exos there xD. Wouldnt matter they came from which exo to me.

1 Like

For my Exo stuff I collect them in seperate bins while the Exo is active (top bin for surface resources, bottom for stuff like tangle, thorns, rock, trunk etc…) and then once the Exo is gone I move the stuff into color separated storage for ease of finding later.

5 Likes

Building that tiny storage changed my life. I used to dump all tools together but when exo spawned I had no idea of which tool I needed lol

2 Likes

Variations on visual indexing:

6 Likes

I was thinking of using a color based order but If I get too many of a single color then I would need to add another column at the end (And that would drive me crazt) or shift everything one block to the rigth (I would be happy with that but moving things would be horrible). So I decided that It was best for me to fill storages as I needed for each exo lol.

2 Likes

yeah, the 2 upper bins in mine are for standard amounts of things, the lower bin is overflow

1 Like

This isn’t too creative, but colorful at least… :wink: Works ok, convenient, but going to need a lot more!

3 Likes

And if you are doing a sort by color number and play on PC … the mod for adding the color number to the bottom of the item hover description in game is a sanity saver!

ColorNumber

4 Likes

@ChaosMkr1122… Kaosmstress1 had an awesome storage setup…

1 Like

I’ve been hoping for this personally:

Dev’s haven’t been really on board yet… bummer.

2 Likes

Beacon reclaim is close enough xD

Whoa, that’s fantastic! How can I do this?

1 Like

Download the mod manager from this post

Then apply this mod

2 Likes

Wow… I honestly didn’t realize how far modding has come in Boundless. Thanks a ton.

1 Like

Thank @Mayumichi :+1: and the other mod makers… I just use their magic.

6 Likes

Conveyor belt storage and train storage pls :smiley:

2 Likes

I use the open storage like everyone else to show whats in my bins.

1 Like