[Closed] Universal capital city discussion

:doug: dun dun dun dun dududududn

:doug: :oort_start::oort_d::oort_o::oort_u::oort_g::oort_stop:

Iā€™m feel so stupid,we should get back on topic.

So here is the first version of the new hub.

This is just a quick first concept so feel free to write everything that you like / dislike so I can tweak it accordingly.

1 Like

This is just my opinion, but I think the top should be spiked instead of rounded.

I think this is awesome!

I am just trying to think how it would translate in game. Wood, stone, and sand?

I see it as stone something white and a lot of gleam.

1 Like

I have found that dark glass has a good look, basically it is gleam without the glow

1 Like

Wow, thatā€™s an awesome design! The one thing Iā€™m a bit iffy on are the embassies (at the suggested scale, theyā€™d be < 10 blocks wide - and if we scale it all up, itā€™s probably going to be too large)

1 Like

That canā€™t be sloped, btw.

Try not to see the 3D model as what it already looks like. Try to imagine adding objects onto the white/altering some of the features instead.

example:

6 Likes

Iā€™m confused,what are you replying to?
I know itā€™ll look different when itā€™s built.:kissing_smiling_eyes:

I think blue-green gleam will do well for the crystals on top of the Senate building.

Wow Nyuudles that is amazing how do you just bust out this art all the time we are so lucky to have you helping us

2 Likes

I thought you were trying to say that it should have the same colors just like in @Vastar 's model. My bad

Itā€™s all good,but I stil think that white would look good on that exterior legs, basically your drawing but with the bottom part ( supports ) white.

1 Like

FYI - weā€™ve updated the live Kovah with the latest config from @nevir.

2 Likes

Actually IĀ“ve already made a spiked version yesterday but wasnĀ“t sure about uploading it :

IĀ“ve already enlarged the guild embassies to a diameter of 10 too.

IĀ“d also go for Sand/stone/ black gleam for the basic structure and orange/brown/ā€¦ gleam combined with certain dirt shades for the highlights/details

You are totally right with that, finding the right scale might be the most difficult task for this project.
I realized that IĀ“ve got the scale of the player models wrong (They are already scaled right in the picture above)

2D plot with the right scaling

Looking at the model with the player characters in the right scale I think we could easily scale up to at least 100 blocks diameter. (For relation: The american pentagon has a diameter of about 480m)

@Nyuudles
While i really like the details on the embassies and around the senate

I have to say that IĀ“m no fan of the exterior legs and the membrane between the ā€œroof-spikesā€. They look a little bit too organic, remembering me of a Zerg building from Starcraft 2.
I also agree with @G_Sage , the exterior legs should be mostly white, maybe with some black/dark details on them.

The new version of the world is up. Itā€™s time to begin our new civilization. First, we must begin clearing out the forest, but beware! The forest is dark, and full of moā€™pigs.

Is this new plateau intended or not?