[Closed] Universal capital city discussion

So two portals for each hole?

1, portals are 2 blocks wide, it was to symbolize that

This is how you are planning for it to work arent you? from what i have heard atleast.

Yeah - Iā€™d give them room for now.

(Or start with plenty of room, and plan to add more in the future.)

After this coming release - I could see us spending a little time on improving the portal performance.

1 Like

psstā€¦Crafting professions

ITS CHEAP I KNOW, BUT I WONT GIVE UP!

2 Likes

Itā€™s still in development. There might be a few flavours. Depending on how theyā€™re built.

IMO an ideal portal hub has them more spaced out than that. Iā€™d love to see a hub where each portal has a little entrance way that shows off the style of the world youā€™re about to teleport to (e.g. uses blocks from that world)

• Doing this lets players quickly find the portal they want (since they can quickly recognize it from a distance)
  • Itā€™s also a great opportunity for folk to show off cool bits of a world.
  • For exmaple, WoW does this to great effect in most of their hub cities, and it pays off tremendously
2 Likes

Iā€™m a little confused,but if I think Iā€™m reading what Iā€™m reading. Than letā€™s build that part, the portal hub now. If Zouls is on. Itā€™ll help find the city.

Welp. if that is the case it is also a great idea BUT! here is the BUT! portals dont only go from world to world, they can also go from area to area, so i am just going to use this style for the reasons

1. they dont take too much space

2. there might be hundreds of worlds and even if i only make portals to half it would still take too much space.

3. if i also want to make portals to cities and special places on the worlds then i need even more space

Practicality mate, but then again, i am not really a builder, so i always go for the simplest and best solutions :smiley:

The world is not even online yet is it?

No,Iā€™m think as a a prototype.just to get out ideas

Yeah,but they donā€™t have wraps yet. Do they?

1. i assume you mean warps and made a typo

2. warps are not place to place, they are just tempoary however alot of people seem to think that warps = teleportation from are to area on the world and portal = world to world teleportaion, not how it works, atleast not from the info we have.

however that is a technicallity also the portal hub is just an idea for when the game launches (my personal hub atleast) i think its just worth remembering that if this capital would be something that stays in the game even after 1.0 launches there might be a ton of worlds and a ton of ā€˜ā€˜importantā€™ā€™ location in each world, so its either to build it logically and practically at first or to expand it later.

We have warps in the engine - but there is no way to build them yet.

What do you mean by build them. Like in game? Or coeds in stuff?

Thatā€™s perfect,no portals just warps. Think about it if someone wants to come to the capital,instead of building a permanent portal,make a temporary warp. It will disappear in 60 sec anyway.

There is currently no way for the player to create a warp in the game. Weā€™ve done the rendering part (because itā€™s shared with the Portals), but not the crafting / constructing part.

Oh,do you know when that coming?

The point isā€¦ to have a buildingā€¦ where people can go to other worldsā€¦ if they want to go to a specific world they need a portal

Portals and warps havenā€™t been funded yet

1 Like