[Closed] Universal capital city

Some buildings inside the mountains are almost a must in my opinion.
I personally would love to see an arena/Colosseum inside one mountain that takes up almost the whole diameter of it so you can enter from any side.

2 Likes

That does sound interesting! Itā€™s certain to be labor intensive, but Iā€™ve seen the community come together to literally move mountains before.

WeĀ“ll letĀ“s hope the devs implement TNT soon :smile:

soon? we donā€™t even know that theyā€™ve started!

Could also set up mountain biomes with massive caves :slight_smile:

Just wondering since I never used world builder. Is it possible to make a mountain completely hollow?

1 Like

No,Iā€™ve seen someone try. It didnā€™t work,but it was a little while ago,so be my guess. The idea other a arena sound very interesting. What would you do in the arena? And one more thing,these ideas all seem to be on the same mountain. I think thereā€™ll have to be more than one mountain for this to work. Another suggestion is that we have the mountains in the sky,with bridges connecting them together. I know itā€™s a lot of work,but if we want this city to be what we think itā€™s going to be, it will be worth the time and effort.

Here is a shot of a mountain.

And these could be the caves?
Theyā€™re more like tunnels i guess?

Also i clamped the mountains so they should all fit in the world height. The picture i just posted is the average, but some get about 15 block from the top.

Can you make the tunnels any wider?

Probably? Iā€™m just throwing this stuff out so we can get ideas from the community. With the mountains so big i fear we may lose some of the other biomes.

I see,they look a lot smaller on a world builder. How wide are the mountains?
If you make them just a bit slimmer,then maybe the tunnels can be bigger. And one more thing,do the tunnels run under ground?

Not sure if the builder translates block to block in real game, but I think the caves are about 10 blocks wide and are running below ground. That mountain 100 blocks tall?

I see,make the tunnels to 12 wide. Then message @Havok40k and ask if the city is going to be partly in the mountain. If so, make the inner most top of the mountain as hollow as you can. While still leaving a couple of blocks between the surface and the hollowness. Please,sorry to be so bossy,but I think this could work in everyoneā€™s favor,at lease from what I read in the thread.:sweat_smile:

Itā€™d be pretty neat to see a thriving metropolis built on, in, around an interesting mountain. Highly defensible too, Iā€™d wager :smiley:

1 Like

Weā€™ll be plotting out the city once we have the world live and can physically look at it. Till then, there is no concrete plan.

1 Like

Is there a limit to how big the world can be?

Yes, though im not sure where the limit is. Also the world will be wrapped, I think.

I donā€™t think this is the final world? And I think the Devs might be the best to do the caves.

1 Like

I know,itā€™s just that we have to plan ahead. If we decide on a arena,then thereā€™d have to be big space under the city. The big space will make it easier for terra forming and building. And the tunnels for a way up to the city. But these are just ideas,I just think if we can form the land we going to build on,why not plan a little out line of the city,it will make building so much easier. You know what I mean?