[Closed] Universal capital city

Steam group is a good idea

1 Like

That might help better organize discussion, but I want to keep everything in the open here on the forum for as long as we can.

2 Likes

The World Builder part is done, but not the engine part. I’ll checkout what is required to get the engine parts done as well - but you might be able to start with a wrapped world today and we’ll make it work correctly in the (near) future.

Yes - you should be able generate exactly this with the World Builder biome selection. Once you know how to do it - it’s easy! We can help get the world configured and setup correctly.

Also - remember the new image based noise. You can use this to directly paint the world features you want. Either for the biome selection or as inputs a biome hight map. (Anything!)

1 Like

Wow that sounds awesome

Again- Best devs
Thank you so much

1 Like

If this is still happening for you - let us try and finally work it out.

(As usual we need: full machine specs, OS + version, graphics drivers.)

1 Like

Uh nevermind it works now…
I feel kinda stupid now. Sorry for wasting you time :frowning:

Inspirational Picture for the oasis city

Also this

3 Likes

I spy an airship… airdock is now on the “must have” list.

1 Like

I would definitely be up for something like this, what if we come up with the basic outline of what we want the world to be, then have a competition of who designs the best one?

Personally I would really like something like this:

2 Likes

Of course we’ll gave an airship dock.

Was that ever in doubt.

1 Like

That was originally my idea, but then James offered to have one made for us and I think that would ultimately be the best choice as they could insure it’s compatibility with future updates such as world wrapping and ore distribution. Also, it would be a world we could all explore for the first time.

2 Likes

another design possibility

And this.

And a world with this terrain would be perfect for me

4 Likes

Whenever this goes up I’m definitely going to join in, I enjoy building stuff :stuck_out_tongue:

Late to the party (stupid work). While I’m not a huge builder, I think I’d vote for ice world because as cool as bridges are, ice slides for easy transport between tiers of the city sounds like a lot of fun to design, create, and use.

1 Like

Ok, since at the moment a desert biome seems to be a popular idea, let’s get some specific details. Mostly sand dunes? Cliff faces? Rocky? How frequent should water sources occur?

My personal suggestion is for dunes with occasional rocky mountains jutting up. No rivers, but rare shallow lakes scattered about. I’d like it to feel like this was once a lush oceanic world, but the oceans boiled away.

@james, can the image based noise make convincing features like giant skeletal rib cages or ruined cities? That would make an AMAZING feature in the deserts aound the city!

This is a very strong argument for an ice world

A few comments

1. Ice can be any colour. (Assuming we add it!) So no reason not to have ice in a desert theme.

2. But why not an ice and desert world? Just create more biomes.

3. Image noise is currently only 2d. So you’d need to use distortion or caves to make rib cages. (No clue how!!) Would need to experiment. Or maybe floating ribs?

4 Likes

I agree with this. I think diversity is key to making a capital world.

1 Like

That’s why I think a mix of jungle and desert would be awesome

1 Like

If we do this then like that please

and not like that

2 Likes