Cloth/Banners

i’ve been thinking, if you could make Cloth a placeable item, so it formed a banner shape, and single corners could be chipped off to form diagonal patterns at the bottom.

of course, to balance how easy it would be to make, you could increase cost of cloth to make, or you could make it take up the enire block, but only have a mesh that attaches it to the wall next to it. like Vines from Minecraft.

i think that would be pretty cool. but i have no idea how hard it would be to code.

9 Likes

I think this is a nice idea. Seems like it’d be easy enough to code in. O_o

2 Likes

Id love yo be able to write on them

I remember something @jesshyland said when talking about glass;

Meaning that instead of chiselable, voxel based banners, we’ll likely get meshes, which have already been alluded to by @Minyi;

I really like the look of the stuff @Minyi is doing. Those banners would suit my needs perfectly - and I assume meshes would be far less work than coding chiselable banners.

3 Likes

Right that settles it, I’m making a castle made of doors.

3 Likes

I’ve noticed that although possible to do just that, meshes don’t seem to render well at distance.

I found this out with our storage tower as I was building it. All the storage blocks appear as a black void when you’re far enough away.

It at least seems as though voxels will group together and form a basic shape, but meshes disappear entirely.

1 Like

I believe that will be addressed, LoD is standard practice, though it needs to be implemented separately for meshes.

1 Like

Something obvious I forgot to mention as well, carpets. Imagine being able to put down a red carpet in your build.

4 Likes

Carpets would get wet in the bathhouse. Maybe a bath towel? I suppose I could throw some carpets down in the Maw, but they’d no doubt just catch fire.

2 Likes

Mats for bathhouse.

2 Likes

Just coming here to say that I was about to make a suggestion for fabric as a block, as it would be great to have it fluttering in the wind and suchlike. So glad that this has been a suggestion from back in the day!

1 Like