Color Mixing Utility

you can always use creative world to test some combination. in theory you should be able to get some luminous with white depending from which color you start from.

How do I access creative?

from sanctum tou press F1 then click on load creative, you will ened to create a planet then load it. hten from there you can give the item you want

2 Likes

You can also access test and the planets are already created. In test (and creative) using the f9 key will bring up a menu where you can spam any items in any color.

1 Like

Ultimately the answer is that you can use white to expand the amount of a luminous color you have in mixing, but not to mix with something else to get a luminous color. The luminous pigments are on the extremes of the color spectrum, so there is nothing beyond them that would place them between white and whatever.

You can see that the only way to get Luminous Green from White is with Luminous Green.

1 Like

If you start from green and slowly add white would it get luminous eventually ? maybe you will need to drop in some teal at some point.

I am jsut saying that because i know some mix like half black/white gives like rust slate which is blueish

I don’t believe so. Because you’re always drawing things closer together. So with those extreme colors, you can’t find anything on the other side of it to draw your resultant mix to. Instead you can only overwhelm the mix to duplicate the original color some.

The same is technically true for Black, White, and all the really bright pure colors on the edge of things

If you imagine the colors as points in a 3d shape, with the luminous colors all at the top, (white is actually like a dip in the top, because it’s a tad grey), black at the bottom and those colors around the edge, it becomes kind of a ravioli shape. You have to be able to draw a line between two colors to get a mix color, and since all the edge colors have nothing beyond them to throw in to the mixer, they are the end of their respective lines.

2 Likes

Thank you for the explanation @Firehazurd . I’ll make sure to mix my luminous pigments with white to maximize output. Much appreciated

@Firehazurd I did notice though I could mix vivid orange with white to get a luminous color, but haven’t found that to be true with other vivids, do you know why?

Do you have an example of what you mixed together?

1 Like

I had 100 white and 18 vivid orange. It was telling me it would make luminous orange in return.

It might be that for other colors I need more of one color or different ratios. But could not tell since my store of vivid pigments is low

You sure it wasn’t Luminous Taupe?

Yeah let me see if I can take a pic

Ah you are right, says it will give luminous taupe, if I put in vivid orange and white at those ratios. Is it possible to make it give luminous orange at a different ratio?

Vivid mint, does not seem to allow for a luminous output if mixed with white

I think the numbers get a bit crunchy in those extremes and you can end up with some happy accidents. It’s hard to predict when you’ll get those results, because technically you should end up somewhere greyer whenever you mix with white.

1 Like

Ah ok. Thanks

Looks like you might be able to get Luminous Azure and Blue, as well as Luminous Red with some white mixing. But it isn’t a hard rule that Vivid X + White = Luminous X, unfortunately. You just have to play with the mix configurations a bunch!

1 Like

Oh that is great news! Even just some is good. Thanks for checking