Color storage ideas

could add storage above, below or just add extra storage at the end of the tunnel…can’t envisage myself needing to though (do have lots of spill-over/specific build storage elsewhere plus I need to actually start building and stop collecting…)

1 Like

Mine is alphabetised, makes finding the correct storage so much easier!

6 Likes

I organize my color storage by color groups too. Every group has a corridor for the sub colors. Started to rebuild it in late december so it is highly WIP. There will be a 5x3 size goo farm on the gleam too if i have the patience to chisel it and place the lava.

22 Likes

Wow this is possibly the nicest storage area I’ve seen! Love the build style and color choices. Well done :clap:

1 Like

While this is alot smaller, here’s my old storage area arranged by color group. (Good ol ROYGBV)

7 Likes

If you want to see in person there is a small 1x2 portal in the NE corner of Gleam Universe. Ground Floor.

6 Likes

This is gorgeous!!! Willing to share where this is so we can see in person?!

1 Like

There is a portal from TNT hub named Hamu :blush:

1 Like

How many plots does your storage take? Asking for a friend…

1 Like

I just went to your place, Hamu. Absolutely beautiful!

1 Like

Just visited Hamu @Pannero very very nicely done

1 Like

Am I the only one sorting my colors… by reclaim?
I find it hard to sort 2 millions blocks of soil, rock, gleam and seeds - reclaiming the same plot (active reclaim expires and gets merged with the storage chests from same plot) seems way easier.

ps. You all have beautiful sorted storage.

Regards,

Thank you everyone! :slight_smile:

@bregma It is ~ 22x14 plots if i counted right, 3 plot high at the corridors and 5 plot in the middle.

I have mine sorted by colour groups inside a large square cave that I’ve made:

7 colour groups per side for a total of 28 colour groups following this chart:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Lz-Fnf3FSPR_uXUyXMzwU5c4Fz9JYZsp_MO3ogLZxQ8/edit?usp=drivesdk

Each corridor is sub-divided into the individual colours like so:

Still need to decide how to decorate the floors and ceilings and how I will do the lighting yet.

8 Likes

OMG that looks so awesome , I am just rebuilding my base and now thinking of re-doing my color storage completely …

Currently it is just 1 really long hall with a combo of open and closed storage , 2 stories high

Just Beautifully done

2 Likes

The numbers accord with the hex codes and the 255 colours boundless uses them

I usually combine it with https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14B2ojK73OJgfbiwKO1V-b7xomWsHdUovml1c4govP3c/edit#gid=2039718904

and now I see I made a mistake with the sign. It should end on 35 :wink:

12 Likes

What’s the wall color? It is very cozy.

Regards,

luminous and ashen taupe :slight_smile:

1 Like

can you give directions at some point… please.

I went looking but I think the 1x2 was closed. Can you maybe give another way or help a lost soul?