Combustion Fraction harvesting

Does anyone else have issues harvesting this crop with 3x3 tools. I have tried axes and shovels with 3x3, but the amount of times only 1 plant is harvested is frustrating. Every other farming plant works fine using 3x3, what’s the secret with combustion fraction?

1 Like

Yea it is annoying. U really got to hit the top of the middle plant. It just takes time and really observe and it ain’t as bad and also I found forge the worst hammer damage wise so you don’t destroy everything

Hit the deco gravel underneath works best but still goes wrong when you are running…

I’ve been led to understand that this can affect your yields.

Maybe it’s just for gathering crops in the wild and the luck skill vs harvesting grown crops and the farming epic?

I remember some conversation specifically about goo harvesting and the drop skills not being applied to the harvesting of the mesh if it’s broken by a hit to the block instead of the mesh itself.

As inorganics use the mesh system instead of the foliage system and I don’t farm, I’ve no real idea how relevant that is but I’m curious about it, especially since it does sound like the issue in the OP is a hit box interaction issue.

(as an aside i hate it when this forum deletes the direct quote of the text/post I’m responding to. urgh)

I would say your right about the yield by hitting deco , I have two sets of field one has 160 crop 90 seed and the other 0 crop and 110 seed so In theory I should be sustainable but I’ve never gotten enough seeds to replant everything.

Sometimes it’ll hit correctly. Other times it only harvests one plant. Most annoying thing I deal with when harvesting.

OK, so it is not just me that is suffering from this issue. Perhaps we should report it as a bug, I doubt it is meant to happen like this. Changing post from general to support.

Thanks for all the tips above, will try them out to see if my results improve.

Maybe they would be kind enough to make a harvester buff for bombs. Deals no block DMG just harvest all plants in radius.

If you’re a member of the master race you could just turn on hitboxes and make sure you’re hitting it on the top of the actual hitbox.

If you’re still getting inconsistent results it might be report-worthy.

It does not…

Here the irritating thing in action AND proof that the crop yield is correct when you hit the deco gravel.

Look at the percentages, 80% crop yield which is 100% with farming epic and 100% seed yield. At the end of the video the number of seeds is equal to number of particles.

Only combustion and ornamental crops are meshes, the other (in)organics are not.

1 Like

Thanks for the vid.

It does seem like either way you shouldn’t be able to break the single plant out of the middle. With the action speed in the video it’s hard to tell but at one point around 35 seconds when you break out the middle row only it looks like you’ve drifted off center a bit.

The hitbox of the actual plant isn’t as wide as the block so It’s possible you caught it on the side and that’s why it’s 2 rows deep.

Just speculating though. At the very beginning it looks like you hit that plant dead center it seems like it should have taken out the entire row for sure.