Come make Tjentzu, Andooweem your new home and help build the town up. (pronounced as "Tjen Tzoo")

Actually I just finished it :slight_smile:. I’d give you the place to let you build it but I can’t because that area where the “portal” area is supposed to be is beaconed. Its, 99% complete. The 1% is ceiling. I made the portal structure 2x3 or 2x4, not sure how many it will require for you to link up from wherever you want to come from.

And, this is where the portal to @Jeffrotheswell Andooweem gateway will be, also 99% complete.

Both rooms are next to each other, actually yours @AzureHelios behind jeff’s.

5 Likes

Actually, what I was saying was that if you linked it up to my “town” when my link is active with Jeff’s Andooweem gateway, you will have links to Twistedfoot’s and Jeff’s network. Jeff’s Andooweem gateway is linked to Vecna V. Form Vecna he has a link to Alturnik and so on… all the way to Thurka. But I think most of his links are singular jumps. Twistedfoot’s links has more multiple hop jumps, his gateway in Vecna V is just across the water from Jeff’s.

My plan is pretty much to do single hop jumps to places very close to the resources I want the most from each planet, plus a few portals to scenic locations, or both (Nasharil). For instance my Vulpto location is far under the mountains in prime ruby territory, my Nasharil is on a large floating mountain where I found several Sapphires (and also has a fantastic view) but also has a mini-portal to a good hunting location (gleam and oort stone) on the ground. Similarly, my Alturnik location I just set up in a high cave in a huge series of mountain where tons of emeralds are located (picked up two stacks in an hour or so tonight). Going to scout a good location on Vena V probably midday or evening tomorrow.

@TwistedFoot I think I’ve seen your Vulpto city (or at least a very large one), is it in semi mountains and has a lot of towers and a goo-slide and a halo-building around one of the tallest skinniest peaks? I have that place marked, but I won’t be on again until later.

So, anyways, my spot is ready for you to set up the gateway whenever you are ready. I may have to put in the portal stones to get the token for you though, so let me know when is a good time to meet up. If you are on Steam my name is knightsbr. The Avatar picture is a portrait of a male avatar with a tribal tattoo on the side of the face (its a screen cap my character in TSW when I was trying the game out). PM me and maybe we can meet up to get your gate set up.

Just tell me the coordinates and I’ll drop in at a random spot on Andoweem and run there, no worries about portal conduits, I’ve just done a mass manufacture of them.

If you can get to Jeff’s gateway I have a plinth there set up with the location token. Otherwise the loc is 1017,80,375. I don’t think you can put in the portal conduits without me being around because the room I had set up for you is under my beacon. I am still on right now if you want to do it now, before I port to Vena to do some lumber jacking.

I can just do a warp to a nearby location and then run into the room. I still have yet to set up a pseudo-base (borg cube) on Vena V yet, so I won’t be on Andoweem just yet.

Edit: Also, I really, really need to go to sleep now, so I’ll catch you sometime tomorrow if you’re on.

Alright. I am on Oceanic time so its hardly bedtime for me right now.

Alright my final batch of shards are in the extractor, so I guess I am ready to start thinking about and building the gate on your end Jeff. Where do you think I should put it?

Tomorrow I will set up a 2x3 tall portal and leave the location marker on your elopor build… which by the way is very cool!
You just put the marker in your portal with the shards and open it. :shard:

2 Likes

Does my portal size need to be 2x3 too? (my current portal size is 1x2). And, uhm… I hope the portal is in Andooweem and not anywhere else, coz if it costs more than 1 shard per hour to maintain I will need to go farm more Oort stones before I can open it.
And, thanks for the complement.

it sounds like there’s a touch of miscommunication.

both portals need to be 2x3, two wide, three high, to make a planet to OTHER planet hop. that will cost 50 to open, and one shard to run.

andoweem would be able to make it to Alturnik, so you can make your house connect to Jeff’s portal on Andoweem, same cost, or you could make a doorway sized portal 1 wide, 2 tall, (i’m confused about where youre trying to connect)

taht would be enough to connect your house on whatever planet you’re on to Jeff’s portal on the SAME planet.

this would require a little building for you, but would not require more portals or oort shards. possible solution.

long post sorry. could be confusing, sorry if it is

I am not sure either. I have always planned to connect to his gateway on Andooweem, or connect from his Vena V gateway too the Andooweem town. Both are 0 and 1 hop respectively but I am not sure if there is a difference in shard cost. I’d prefer the Andooweem to Andooweem connect because his gate at Andooweem right now leads to a location that has a wild farm for red Growth and Cream Gleam.

haha, i just got told off by the forums.

"let others join the conversation

this topic is clearly important to you - you’ve posted more tahn 21% of the replies here.

Are you sure you’re providing adequate time for other people to share their points of view, too?"

haha that’s funny

okay, so 0 and 1 hop both cost the same in shards, but a 1 hop portal requires 6 portal conduits, but a 0 hop portal only requires 2.

both CAN use more, if you want it bigger you can, it will still cost the same amount of shards based on hops, not based on size.

yeah it will just require building a way to put your two portals right next to each other.

from what i hear, Jeff will set up a 2x3 portal (you can ask him to make it smaller if you don’t have enough portal conduits) near his space, then leave the portal token required to open it, he will elave that token in the storage area you ahve next to the elopor city.

Wow… I didn’t know that they had a smart forum software now. Thats cool though. Alright, it sounds like Jeff is preparing to build something somewhere that is either a 1 hop from somewhere to the Andooweem town. We’ll see where he puts it. In any case, a portal up is a portal up, its a connection to a network that is well maintained so I am happy either ways; as long as it only costs 1 shard to maintain per hour.

as long as he puts it on his Andoweem portal hub, or on his Alturnik portal hub, you’re good to go it sounds like. make sure to watch Jiivita’s portal tutorial to figure out what way to open it.

1 Like

I have seen it. But, to be honest, I am not very concerned as to the orientation that you are in when you get to the place. Its a niggling detail to me. If it gets me to the location, which direction I am orientated makes too little of a difference to me to fret over. OCD is not part of my name. :slight_smile:

well if you jeff leaves it open on both sides it won’t matter at all. but if he closes the back of it, you’ll want to know

I at first thought about making a horizontal portal. Thought it would be cool to have someone walk out of the ground or something, but apparently there was some glitchy stuff happening when you do that; so I dumped the idea.