Come make Tjentzu, Andooweem your new home and help build the town up. (pronounced as "Tjen Tzoo")

Have you got the coordinates? I would like to come visit :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I quoted the coords from when I posted the building screenshots. Work is still going, much of what you see is still WIP.

1 Like

I have gone ahead to set up a Plinth with the location tokens of this new potential Andoweeen Settlement/Town that I would like to start. Its immediately to the left of Jeff’s gate at Andoween (as you exit the gate). Below is a picture of how it looks. Its temporary until its more feasible to set up a gateway, right now with me alone there, feeding a gateway is just a waste of resources that I have very little of or not enough of.

2 Likes

Couple more screenies of the just completed walkway to the stairwell. The stairwell stretches from the base of the stem of the island all the way up to the top.

Since both the walkway and the stairwell are inside the stem, if anyone wants to build on the side of the stem I can make a hole on the side of the stairwell or walkway to let you start building there. I have made accommodations on the walkway to be able to accommodate up to 4 beacons (2 of each side, basically tunnelling through on the walls illuminated with the blue gleam). The walkway is at the base of the stem. I did not count how many beacons the stairwell can accommodate. No concrete plans for it appears to be a good location for a market place / mall (with shophouses) since its quite centralized.

3 Likes

Just wanted to say that I added 4 little nooks into this hallway (2 on each side) that is at the base level, its for anyone who would like to start building you can start digging through the nook (to the right of the picture) to place the beacon. There are only 4 such nooks at the moment and it is spaced exactly 8 blocks away from your beacon. So if you expand too far either N or S depending on which nook you start digging in you will eat into the space of the other nook. If I see that someone is already building in the nooked area I will expand the nook to a 3x3 nook, and/or am willing to take down an adjacent wall if requested.

I have not made any nooks along the stairwell for anyone to build along the stem of the area yet because it may require a 2nd person to make things much easier to locate a suitable area for another beacon to tag onto the stairwell area. So, if you’d like to begin building in that area please let me know I can maybe meet you to dig out a nook for you to begin digging and building.

5 Likes

Your place there looks gr8. This would make an awsom base for Dimond hunters :diamonds:

3 Likes

Thank you. I hope someone comes here to start building soon. I am still the only one here. Andooween still as unsettled as ever.

1 Like

If you build it they will come.

1 Like

haha…where have I heard that before.

Field of dreams.

I think I’ll move all my stuff there! Still figuring it out.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, and not to mention there is still PLENTY of spots available if you want to build your hanging gardens of babylon over, within, or under the suspended islands.

I really appreciate the support @Squidgy. Come build anytime to add to expand the “town”. I haven’t thought up any name for it at the moment.

2 Likes

I love the region where I was already building and where the portals are, but I’d rather be near where people are building.

1 Like

How goes the portal building?

I have the room where the portal was going to be completed about 98%. Just need some adjustments. The portal and the stone is there, I went with a 1x2 portal. And, no, no one can enter that area yet because there is something there that I hope to give new arrival guests a little surprise experience. People can see the room from the main gateway into the stem because I put in some glass blocks as ceiling but none but me can enter that area yet, I hope, assuming the lock I put on the door works.

1 Like

I could link up my own burgeoning portal network. Been doing some hunting on Nasharil, so I’ve actually got my three portals so far completely stuffed, plus about 500 shards to spare. Give me a day or so to get the requisite portals set up on Alturnik and Vena V and I’ll be able to connect you to excellent mining and hunting locations on Solum/Vulpto/Nasharil/Alturnik.

Edit: This actually works out really well since I was planning to go to Alturnik next to get emeralds for grapples anyway.

That means I’d have to dig out another room for the portal. The present room I have only has enough room for a single portal, and the plan to was to link it up to @Jeffrotheswell gateway at Andooweem. That gateway has close proximity to the wild gleam farm, and growth farm. Plus, its a link to Vena V then Alturnik, and it goes on from there. So, give me a few days to plan and dig out another area for your portal if you are serious about it. But, I don’t currently have the resources to support 2 portals, not even one yet. I am still in the process of collecting like 2100 shards to support that one link I was planning for.

I should add that @TwistedFoot has a portal in the same lake area that @Jeffrotheswell has set up. His leads to Munteen, Vulpto, Alturnik and Andooweem (but it leads to a lava pit atm to no where), immediately when you cross over from Vena V. For jeffs it takes a couple more jumps to those locations. So, I’d suggest pooling resources and donate your extra stones/shards to one of these guys than to set up your own personal links, I’d emphasize on the “suggest” part of it.

Lastly, I want to say that I am playing this game for the building aspect and community part of it. Playing gatekeeper was not part of the plan, therefore maintaining my own personal network of portals is not appealing to me at the moment; I will consider that aspect when I have like maybe 5 million oortshards or somewhere close.

Our Vena V portal is part of our portal network. The Andooween portal is in a cave for diamond hunting. Through the Vulpto portal you can access our community and the rest of our portals. Feel free to check it all out and stop by Vulpto and visit anytime. I need to check out this possible new Andooween town one of these days. I would be interested in helping out by building there but I’m pretty much all out of plots at the moment.

If I put in a portal I’ll support it myself. Heck, give me a location and I’ll dig it out myself and try to make it fit with the rest of your work in the vicinity.

As for linking up elsewhere on the portal networks, I’ll check that out when I set foot on Andoween.

Edit: I also have about 2k spare shards now, so this will be no biggie to fuel from my end from what I can see.