Comments from a friend looking at the game:

63,574 followers.

That’s interesting.

1 Like

looool
someone must have made 63,500 alternative accounts

and is really afraid to miss out on updates.

true true true!

but take for example the boundless trailer videos on steam is that actual in game footage?
or are those sneak peeks for things to come in what a year 2 years? maybe never?

Only thing we can do is add positive reviews, if they remove the bad reviews that will look even worse

This is nonsense if I’ve learned something here is that people play this FOR MULTIPLE REASONS.

I agree we need more cosmetics but I don’t think that’s a priority, the game is not focused on dressing characters lol.

2 Likes

From a quick look it is a combination of pre-launch and post launch scenes. Easiest way to tell is the different character models. And I think some of the pictures on the steam store page are actually constructs made by the developers. I do see where this could create some dissatisfaction if you thought you could have a different character model due to the video.

2 Likes

I still dont get this from those steam reviews. I have seen those…

17 weeks for 1 login and add beacon fuel is SO MUCH TIME!
for real… if you are gone 17weeks… it’s time to give someone else a shot at claiming your spot

I think the beacon times are VERY generous. (PS… i also think his description of those reviews is accurate… but just my opinion on those peoples =P)

3 Likes

That’s as useful as saying the game is not focused on fighting titans.

1 Like

then i think it needs to be updated with current content at least to get that confusion out of the way.
and as someone said to me were can i get this bow?

oort bow?
oort

Testing probably

No aggro here, lol. I just dgaf about clothes… sure they’d be nice but if that’s what keeping someone from playing, there are lots of other games more focused on cosmetics…

3 Likes

yea but there advertising goes wrong
u dont want to buy potatoes and u get home and u end up having onions

form my experience from new players the problem is also the advertising.
not saying its a huge problem, but a problem is a problem

1 Like

Oh yeah I mean we don’t have Titans yet. Also that’s probably why we haven’t seen a huge advertising campaign, we may be looking to grow the community but tbh it’s probably not the right time.

2 Likes

for me, character customization is not a priority either xD

3 Likes

^This

I’ve seen many conversations with james and devs trying to talk players off the ledge who always think the game is dying. Their response is always the same. something like: “We are happy with the state of the game , plenty of players, and if we want or need a large influx, we can and will ramp up advertisement”…

I get it, losing a new player due to these things is not good. But, we can’t snag them all… some people just wont like the oortians, and consider it a game-breaker.

6 Likes

Supposedly races are still in the works (I mean, I’m not holding my breath but you never know). Clothing? I’ve always wondered if that would ever be a thing or if bodypaint is meant to give some of that customization instead. Of course, I’d love clothes and more bodypaints. Adding clothes/armour would likely be linked to in game activities (I’d hope, anyway) so that could be neat.

Personally I do think that sort of customization is fairly important and currently somewhat lacking. I don’t wish to argue about what should be prioritized, hopefully the devs have a good idea what to focus on.

2 Likes

If I was going to be making a lot of changes to the game, I might wait until they are made before remaking the video and advertising the game. No point in constantly redoing the video depending on how large the changes might be. And if they are adding things like shields, I would certainly want as much of the new content as possible in the videos to maybe draw back some of the players that have left the game.

4 Likes

These forums have some of the coolest, most helpful players I’ve found in a game. This is a simple conversation.

3 Likes

then, in reality, there’s no point in redoing the videos since the updates will never end, and whats not a problem now will become a problem over time it’s all that has been done fixing player-created problems and I keep saying this had to be thought about before release or OP/CB
and if I was making changes to the game a lot I would set specific update/patch dates even when the game is ready to patch, at least you give players a certain game stability

1 Like

I’m not going to lie but I’ve felt this same way about the Steam reviews. I do understand that losing everything sucks bigtime but you knew that going in. At this point it’s water under the bridge I’m really happy to see the reclaim system.

3 Likes