Comments from a friend looking at the game:

Some of the most popular games right now:

All of the top 10 on both PS4 and Steam feature extensive character customization. For some games it is armor, but for most it’s purely cosmetic.

I don’t think it’s a coincidence. Dressing up your character is important to people.

Minecraft has it. I’m guessing creativerse has it. ESO has it. CoD war zone has it.

I think too much character customization is hidden behind the cubit paywall. Yeah yeah you can earn them, but 20-40 plots is expensive (the plot cost of most outfits).

Maybe give people one free outfit token and one free tint token every month they log on? Or do something like overwatch for skin unlocks? These tokens could be traceable too, I think this would make the game more accessible to people who want to customize but don’t have the IRL money or cubits.

WS could also commit to releasing new tattoos and new outfits every month; new stuff would be cubit only, old stuff cubit or coin.

1 Like

Edit: I’m a dumdum

In overwatch you get free skins.
Random ones, and mostly ones you don’t care about. But it’s kind of fun and exciting to “collect them all”

Also the prices of skins go down as they get older (same in fortnite). And the prices are higher on release. This incentivizes the devs to keep the skins coming.

1 Like

You’re right.

I think tiers for customizations would help boundless. Make new customizations 2000 cubits for the first month or two after release. But keep them coming. I and others have said before that we’d buy these.

And old skins from launch should be 200 cubits or less.

I think the devs would make a lot more money this way.

1 Like

I do agree with you. I think games like Overwatch and Fortnite do monetization REALLY well, as the intention is to focus on aesthetics and keep from monetization affecting gameplay in any way. It’s the best way to do it, and people ABSOLUTELY spend on it. Giving options for free unlocks here and there could have a place here.

1 Like

I (and others) have said before - when monetization doesn’t affect gameplay, a lot of people are MORE willing to spend IRL money.

2 Likes

I think a larger customization page would be required. I dont see very much on the pay page to buy.