Community Survey about new Features - Results and futher discussion

I would love to see something like this!
I built a Tavern, but right now it’s pure decoration and does nothing besides lookin gud.

6 Likes

I imagine that there could be an item that you need to craft and place in a building to make it functional (so to make it either a tavern or a guild house or a temple).

2 Likes

Functional props might be enough.
Maschines make a workshop and shopping plinths make a store right now.
It could be expanded this way.

4 Likes

I would really like to see more furniture like beds, chairs, tables. Simple stuff, but it makes builds feel far more lived in and we could have functional inns or taverns. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

A functional prop I was thinking of is a larger weapon, ballista like slingbow maybe, needs to be mounted on building, maybe require spark to operate, or ammo. Could encourage group work, some to fire turret others to lure bigger critters into range?

5 Likes

Yeah and defend your base in higher tier planets. I love this idea.

2 Likes

yes! furniture, it will make places so much more lifely, no more wonky fake furniture builds! my yabo behind needs a fine chair to sit on after a hard days work!

4 Likes

you can sit on a sponge problem solved :star_struck:

3 Likes

i will sit on moebius if he keeps saying these things :joy: :dark_sunglasses:

3 Likes

This is kind of amazing. In my six years of the game, you are the first person I have ever heard who dislikes enchanting in Minecraft. It added so much more to the game. And the best part? You don’t have to use it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Pretty sure this could be in the pipeline, as there are plenty of positive effects in the concept images, implying potions you can add to yourself.

1 Like

^^^^^^^^^^
@Smidge

1 Like

A suggestion is a map room, or map projection device so you can make like a planetarium. Projecting the world images on a wall or ceiling and being able to control the orientation and rotation so you can look st where the cities, water, ice, desert, etc are. I’m sure the worlds are not rotating along the equator when I look at them from the sanctum.

3 Likes

And the planetarium map device should show coordinates too, like the one in the sanctum does when you start a new character.

1 Like

Will there be villages of natives to welcome us in 1.0? And sell us good stuff and buy stuff from us?
Will the natives have enemy aliens that attack them periodically and we need to help build defenses for the natives?

How about moving parts? Like pistons and redstone in minecraft

2 Likes

OR like this:

1 Like

+1 this game would be so much better with creative contraptions

1 Like

Can we have solar panels and windmills to generate spark too? Clean energy you know…

5 Likes

(I hope you dont mine me reviving this topic, but maybe now it is a good time to talk about boundless farming)
It could be difficult to make, but as far as farming goes…
I am playing r190 now and it is suddenly twice as hard to play this game, i think it needs rebalancing at this point.
But this can also open up a new service (like the shops, but in reverse) to be able to “Grow” almost every recourse block in the game.

So not really farming, but cloning of blocks (and maybe combining some of them to create craftable-only recourses).
This way you would be able to grow (by fueling,feeding and maintaining the clone machine, and waiting) the many resourses needed to craft (end-game) items.

And with these supply a shopowner or crafter with the much needed materials.
(as an alternative to explore and collect)

As incentive the clonemachines could be for different classes of recourses (Bio-cloner, Gleam-cloner) and would need something to use as fuel, and something to use as a base material (a base material could be anything, but higher tier blocks would create more clones), and ofcourse wear and tear.
This would be a huge feature but one that i would love, its totally different from traditional farm sytems, and gives players an alternative to the shopsytem.