Community Survey about new Features - Results and futher discussion

I heard via twitter that Jess was modelling a turnip, so maybe this is already in the pipeline :smiley:

4 Likes

First of all just want to say I am loving the game. So now here is my 2cents.

I think some of the folks that leave the game early have the same problem I have with sandbox games. I love and hate them at the same time because I love the idea of it but after while having no quest I loose direction and loose interest. I don’t even want to get into how much money I have wasted on sandbox, survival games that I played for a few and left because I just got bored and lost direction.

I loved the objectives and that is the main reason I purchased the game so would love to see more of those.

I would also love to see player created content if that is possible. I would like to see a system where with enough prestige you can put a item in your building to designate it as a SHop, Tavern, Bakery, Farm that give buffs to players maybe. Even have a system where in addition to request baskets you can have player created contracts that others can pick up and do. Or some sort of contract system to have other pick up to help build up villages and towns. I think the possibilities are endless.

Oh yeah also implementing some sort of survival where you need to eat, sleep, and pay attention to weather and temp would also be nice.

9 Likes

Buildings with functionality is a way to go. Completely agree with it. So it’s not only about visiting to see how pretty a certain build is.

6 Likes

I would love to see something like this!
I built a Tavern, but right now it’s pure decoration and does nothing besides lookin gud.

6 Likes

I imagine that there could be an item that you need to craft and place in a building to make it functional (so to make it either a tavern or a guild house or a temple).

2 Likes

Functional props might be enough.
Maschines make a workshop and shopping plinths make a store right now.
It could be expanded this way.

4 Likes

I would really like to see more furniture like beds, chairs, tables. Simple stuff, but it makes builds feel far more lived in and we could have functional inns or taverns. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

A functional prop I was thinking of is a larger weapon, ballista like slingbow maybe, needs to be mounted on building, maybe require spark to operate, or ammo. Could encourage group work, some to fire turret others to lure bigger critters into range?

5 Likes

Yeah and defend your base in higher tier planets. I love this idea.

2 Likes

yes! furniture, it will make places so much more lifely, no more wonky fake furniture builds! my yabo behind needs a fine chair to sit on after a hard days work!

4 Likes

you can sit on a sponge problem solved :star_struck:

3 Likes

i will sit on moebius if he keeps saying these things :joy: :dark_sunglasses:

3 Likes

This is kind of amazing. In my six years of the game, you are the first person I have ever heard who dislikes enchanting in Minecraft. It added so much more to the game. And the best part? You don’t have to use it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Pretty sure this could be in the pipeline, as there are plenty of positive effects in the concept images, implying potions you can add to yourself.

1 Like

^^^^^^^^^^
@Smidge

1 Like

A suggestion is a map room, or map projection device so you can make like a planetarium. Projecting the world images on a wall or ceiling and being able to control the orientation and rotation so you can look st where the cities, water, ice, desert, etc are. I’m sure the worlds are not rotating along the equator when I look at them from the sanctum.

3 Likes

And the planetarium map device should show coordinates too, like the one in the sanctum does when you start a new character.

1 Like

Will there be villages of natives to welcome us in 1.0? And sell us good stuff and buy stuff from us?
Will the natives have enemy aliens that attack them periodically and we need to help build defenses for the natives?

How about moving parts? Like pistons and redstone in minecraft

2 Likes

OR like this:

1 Like