Community unite : Nova Golda should be permamently

As many of you know our good friend and comrade Aenea is going through some very challenging medical times. She has brought up the idea of what will happen to her town someday when she can no longer refill her beacons. I know she has a arrangement with TNT to preserve her builds but I was thinking maybe our developers James Etc might be willing to save an area of her builds permanently as I’m sure we can all agree this young lady has been a wonderful friend to so many of us and has done so much for our entire community that I believe this honour should be bestowed upon her. What areas would be preserved? Well that would be something that she could arrange with the Developers but I think the only way this would happen is if we as a community were to come together and support this very strongly. I am not suggesting that we should discuss everyone’s situation in the future but rather this one time situation now with Aenea and Nova Golda.

So how do you feel???

15 Likes

Nice thoughts! However I believe her wishes are for TNT to take over from her as per her arrangement.

1 Like

she is having them take over the market…there are much more to Nova Golda than just the market! Besides if there is some Developer involvement insures that the area she wants to save is saved FOREVER… beacon expires April 11, 2459 :wink:

1 Like

Sounds good to me!

2 Likes

Honestly, I think the developers should avoid bending/breaking the rules unless they feel it’s absolutely necessary (and I don’t really know of anything I would put in that category).

If I was new to the game and shortly thereafter find that the devs have made some special arrangements with specific players to give them something other players don’t have/can’t get, it would turn me off the game. Even more so if the reasoning wasn’t immediately obvious or involved trawling through forums to find.

Given that TNT has already got an arrangement going, I’d wouldn’t be in favour of it. And really, if the community was dead set on finding a way to preserve her builds, I’d say they should just club together and buy her an extended period of Gleam club. That way, no Dev involvement or special rules required.

11 Likes

I like this. But krasniy’s idea is very good too.

When it comes to building, fueling your beacons is one of the core mechanics. It prevents ghost towns existing forever, it prevents space taken up by players that are not playing anymore. If you are not able to fuel your beacon for any reason, you can:

• Ask another player to do so
  • Get cleam club for the time you need it to be fueled
  • Accept that you will have to start over / lose the build

It doesn’t matter if her builds are worth being preserved (which is highly subjective). Why should there be an exception like that? Why not saving other builds also? Why not all? This mechanic exists for a very good reason and bending it for one player will cause problems. She got someone that’ll fuel it right? Doesn’t that solve the problem?

Starting a fundraising in the community to get gleamclub for a longer period of time would be a better way than changing such an important rule.

2 Likes

@FabianKern It’s about saving something as a memento of the player if something happens to them. It may happen that one of us will never be able to enter the game again, even if we really want to. You should read the forum more carefully before you express yourself so categorically.

@krasniy I think this moment has already been resolved, including the devs, and i do not see any point in raising it again, it is extremely tactless. :pensive: :unamused:

3 Likes

Everyone, let’s keep things copacetic please. Thank you. I believe the situation has already been handled.

If you would like to provide input on expiring beacons, James started this topic:

5 Likes

Yeah guys, Aenea will ilkely be kicking it for a while.

Much of what is currently Nova Golda is likely to be gone (at her hand) before she is.

Her markets have been game changing for a lot of players and will continue to persist, after she moves off of trung, and even in the case of her passing. A bit of tribute is a nice idea but, it’s early yet.

3 Likes

How about a memorial planet where nothing new can be built by active players but an existing build could be ported in (similar to blueprints).

Maybe set some benchmarks that have to be met before a build is eligible for memorializing… minimum prestige etc or incorporate community voting

I think this would be a great way to preserve some artwork without hurting anyone. We just need a muesrum/graveyard planet that can’t be modified by active players

6 Likes

While I really do feel for any person that goes through personal issues I don’t feel any build should be set to be default permanent in this game. I don’t see how you can fairly define that and it goes against the core basis of this game of builds coming and going.

I have no problems with a friends and partners keeping a beacon alive but I do not feel a developer should ever step and and lock a build as permanent no matter who it is. We should not break this standard of the game. Once you do it one time others will feel they deserve the same benefit.

I have no problem with a planet that has permanent builds or bringing back the EA planets but all of those areas should be “view only” and not be able to be used beyond that.

3 Likes

It does seem like everything has been worked out already though.

2 Likes

Until eternity? ie. until they pull the plug from the game?

That’s a rather difficult calculation!

I don’t think I’m too worried of having to start over / lose a build tho :joy:

Perhaps the reason why the OP asked this wasn’t clear?

Understatement of the year!!! :joy:

Anyway, I’m not that great of a builder I think. Since I’m planning on moving my workshop and some other fun building projects to an eventual rental planet there won’t be much to save in Nova Golda except Coin Converters and the Market and perhaps a handful of buildings I still might build but since those will then be part of Nova Golda TNT will probably take them over.

A memorial of some kind in the future is fine by me, but ehmm, please discuss this amongst yourselves, I really do not need to be a part of it since I’m kinda hoping it can be slowed down and still be around when the game’s plug is pulled eventually, wishful thinking perhaps, dunno, one can hope…

@Leahlemoncakes @majorvex I feel this thread can be closed before someone says something they might regret because they have no idea why, also because I myself do not think it’s needed…

24 Likes

Closed out of respect for the person this pertains to & at her request.