HELP! Help us translate the new Reclaim system!

Hey :uk: :fr: :it: :de: :es: speakers!

We need some help translating a new system we’re adding to the game. The feature is called the Reclaim system in English. The Reclaim system will be added to Testing 240 before migrating to Live in Release 241.

What is the Reclaim system?

The Reclaim system is a solution to a consistent and fair complaint that the beacon system is too punishing to players when beacons expire. The purpose of the beacon system was never to punish anyone, but rather to keep the universe fresh for active and new players entering the game. The Reclaim system allows players to recover, ie. reclaim, everything that was in an expired beacon.

How does the Reclaim system work?

When a beacon expires the Reclaim system removes the beacon’s plots one at a time and collects all blocks, items, machines, storage, gear and resources, and places them into a special unlimited capacity storage.

(This has been referred to as Rift Storage in the past - but this theme has been dropped in favor of a Reclaim.)

All the items can then be gradually reclaimed via an alternative or newly placed beacon.

I need more details!

We’ll share more details about the system in the Testing release notes once it’s available to play with. However a couple of quick points:

1. The system doesn’t save a beacon’s design. So it’s not a blueprint system. A complete blueprint system remains in our plans for the future and is much more effort to implement.

2. The system does allow you to manually reclaim a beacon and then reclaim the items on to a different world.

3. For players who love exploring worlds and collecting some opportunistic expiring loot we have a new feature coming to fill this fun activity.

Enough with all the details, how can I help?

We need help localising the term Reclaim into the other languages, and compressing the current translations for the other tabs so that they fit.

The idea behind Reclaim is to think about reclaiming your luggage. Basically get your stuff back.

You’ll see below that the French, Italian, German and Spanish beacon tab names are much longer than the English. We need to find tab names to squeeze them up just a little bit.

English :uk:

• OVERVIEW • FUEL • PERMISSIONS • OPTIONS
  • INFO • FUEL • RECLAIM • PERMISSIONS • OPTIONS

French :fr:

• VUE D’ENSEMBLE • CARBURANT • PERMISSIONS • OPTIONS
  • ??

Italian :it:

• PANORAMICA • CARBURANTE • PERMESSI • OPZIONI
  • ??

German :de:

• ÜBERSICHT • BRENNSTOFF • BERECHTIGUNGEN • OPTIONEN
  • ??

Spanish :es:

• RESUMEN • COMBUSTIBLE • PERMISOS • OPCIONES
  • ??

Thanks for your help!!

74 Likes

This change gets a :+1: from me for sure.

16 Likes

Would it be possible to get a low duration fuel to help testing (in the test environment).
@james

6 Likes

Oooooo new activity

Good call @MrNiX

2 Likes

I don’t think I’d be much help as I only speak Canadian English… and poorly I might add. But I’d say add a couple “eh’s” in there. And maybe end with “Sorry”. Lol.

Love this new system though. :+1::+1::beers:

18 Likes

Don’t forget about a boot😜

1 Like

Very good idea. I’m sure this will help solve lot of players, past and present, fears around losing everything

4 Likes

James… I am in love with you and your team.

AAAAAAH

1 Like

Get a room you two! :grinning:

2 Likes

. Infos
. Carburant or Gaz or Énergie
. Récup? Réclamation?
. Droits? Accès?
. Options

Anyone have better?

5 Likes

giphy%20(1)

17 Likes

seems right, maybe there would be something better/shorter than “carburant”

i would go with “Accès”

Pretty sure anyone that know French will understand this.

1 Like

Maybe “gaz” ?

You can do this with a Campfire + Beacon which gives you 2 hours.

And you can manually trigger Reclaim on a Beacon.

(@lucadeltodecso even added a developer command to trigger reclaim on every beacon on a world for testing. :scream: What could possibly go wrong?)

28 Likes

LOL :crazy_face:

2 Likes

i tought about a better term for Carburant, but i fear it is used in other place in the game more than the other words (not sure cause I play it in english)

1 Like

@james Maybe “Carburant” could be replaced by “Durée” which means duration/time in english.

1 Like

What is it ?