[COMPLETE] Brief Downtime at 1515 UTC

Short downtime to fix the Snow Meteorite issue.

It will be a server only update.

18 Likes

quick question james when do yall plan on dropping the shields and swords update im realllllly realllly waiting for it :slight_smile:

1 Like

im just excited have a different tool to hunt with so just wondering

Shields and Swords will be part of the next feature update that includes the ability to create new universes. We’ve been trying to release a Testing update for a few weeks now but we keep coming across issues that we want to resolve before it’s public. Hopefully we can make something public before the end of the year.

The reason why adding Shields and Swords isn’t so simple is because all other Gear has Mastery skills, so if we add new Gear and if they follow the same style then they will also require Mastery skills. But adding more skills will put pressure on the skill trees that players already have. So we need to rethink the system a little.

35 Likes

Just did a Metor. FIXED

Thanks Devs

1 Like

Even just increasing the max skill points per page to somewhere between 120–130 would be so helpful, especially with more skills coming. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

For this, are there plans to get feedback on the proposed changes? I think there are a lot of feelings associated with skill sheets, and any major change could do well to get focused feedback before final implementation.

3 Likes

Think there will be a lot of time to to test it and give feedback when the testing server wake up…

4 Likes

Let us use more than 100 skill points per page please. I have so many unused skillpoints. Think I’m at 5000 now.

1 Like

James do you have plans to revamp the skill tree?
Like there is a point where leveling up doesn’t matter anymore beyond getting cubits.

1 Like

As Heureka said, this release will probably have a very long testing phase because of the new mode around the local Universes. When the swords and stuff hit, they will definitely hope people will eval things and provide feedback for tweaks, etc.

I’m pretty sure whatever it ends up with will be the best road for us going forward as new skills and weapons come online in later releases beyond just what we have now.

3 Likes

Speaking of the Skill Trees, funny enough right about this time last year is when I posted my suggestion about a Skill Tree Overhaul. Just gonna drop a link here all sly like. :sunglasses:

It isn’t perfect, but definitely feel it is in the right direction.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Maybe split the points between Combat / Utility and Crafting - If you increase the overall points then it may imbalance things a little by having too much overall ability per skill page. If you split it though you could increase the overall points but still be able to restrict the number we put in each area. Maybe skew the points towards what the character is primarily spec’d as. Eg. Combat - more points in combat, less crafting etc.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.