[COMPLETE] Very brief downtime from 10:30 AM GMT

divide that by 2 now :frowning:

2 Likes

Sounds like today is a building day for me. I’ll let u guys push those timers back up :thinking:

3 Likes

I giving up on the event for today I think and just collect the dormants for oortstone… at least those ones i can make it on time! lol :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

yeah i’m not sure how this encourages any newer players to even give the event a go- those kinds of timers are a lil wack. yeah 10 minutes is a tad long but i agree with those who said there should be a minimum of 90 seconds when it has hit the absolute hardest settings.

5 Likes

Was hosting a hunt today, in the sky it was a gleambow meteor, it landed and ended up being a normal meteor… happened a few times in the end we called off the hunt @SamF @james

1 Like

The adaptive difficulty feels like an example of extra work to make a challenge that wasn’t needed in the first place.

Why not just put a static timer based on planet tier and type.

Lush is X minutes
Coal is Y minutes
Metal is Z minutes

plus or minus M (minutes) depending on tier of planet.

I think this is the second gleambow event ever, and both have had many people complain on the forums.

4 Likes

How the :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: can you see the meteors from so far away!?

The only time I ever fail them is when I lose sight and can’t find them again.

That last picture looks like you are miles away…

2 Likes

Which is now gone…

2 Likes

I think default is 300m. I was totally against mods, but I dug back into old EA convos and found that the devs actually seem to welcome (good/helpful) mods.

I edited the meteor file and I made mine 600m, I made the meteors a lil fatter, and the trail a lil longer.

1 Like

PS4 envy here

1 Like

@james please allow all users to be able to do this by adding any options that can be varied like this to the game settings.

6 Likes

Was I correct, there was a 4th picture that showed timer from even further away?

It doesn’t show the distance…
(order of pics are backwards)

3rd one down was the one that I saw when starting my reply, then had a visitor, when I came back and finished, it was gone!

Thanks, just good to know I was not going crazy…

1 Like

Yeah, this was too far away with not so great terrain for the short timer it had.

I mainly wish everyone could use a meteor mod/tool because it can “see” dormant meteors. Very helpful and it would be a great tool for newer players or ones that don’t have the skills/confidence to fight live meteors yet.

6 Likes

Put the bug back.

For the 1st time ever this event was a low stress event when you had around 3min. Now its returned to being something that may or may not effect my blood pressure when there is a ruddy body of water between me and the meteor.

I prefer the stress from LoL over the stress of trying to race in this event at this time

4 Likes

Funny biitula was 2mins 10s which was perfect since the amount of water and now its 1m 12s… like they don’t want us to get any gleambows… or not as many :frowning:

1 Like

I’m curious as to why Gleambows aren’t allowed on T1 and T2 planets. They are 50% of the permanent planet population

3 Likes

Finished some chores around my base and went out for some gleambow.

Oh HELL no.

I just went and had a break and deleted a raging post from here.

First trip today I just wasted a bunch of decay and buffs, nothing but miss after miss after miss. A single ping spike or pitfall and you’re done.

It’s not even funny because it’s a bunch of adrenaline and disappointment and that’s just not what I’m here for.

1 Like

should of just fixed biitula’s 10 min timer and left the rest alone imo :man_shrugging: