[COMPLETE] Very brief downtime from 10:30 AM GMT

Saw three today while doing some gathering on Gallan, there was absolutely no point in even trying to look for them as they fell so far away I knew I’d never find them once they had landed. I then went to Lamblis to do some more gathering and saw three more and was actually able to get to 2 of them but unfortunately just like every single gleambow I’ve completed there’s weren’t made of gleam either (did get three piece’s though, deep joy).

I’m off to hunt gleambows now, gonna show y’all it’s not so difficult, and on ps4 so no modding…

I’ll update this post as I go along!

:sunglasses::rainbow:

1/1 53 seconds on timer when I got close enough

2/2

2 Likes

They had those xmas ice meteors on T1-2 I don’t understand why they cant have gleambows on them as well

3 Likes

All I want is my gleambow fix :pleading_face:

2 Likes

I ran into someone that said they were having a good time.

They also said that this was their first trip out, and I know this guy is a skilled player who likes a little more action than I do.

I was willing to give it a go with 1:30 timers on t3. I was doing about as well as I expected after that last event, where i gathered less than 400 blocks total. In other words, not great but it was a challenge.

Sub one minute timers on all meteors and I’m out. Even if I had the skills I don’t have the hardware/connection for it. I’m going to try another planet with less forests but after how it’s been the last two days, the disappointment is harsh.

I ended up 9/12, so 75%. I’m happy with that, those that have decided to play with the training wheels on, easy mode :wink:, should be able to do even better.

I’m not that skilled at getting about…

1 Like

would have loved to see you try on Ceph with 18-24s times :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

had a better run on Biitula with 1m12s timers

Well, picking your planet is important.

The point is that it’s not impossible, like some people seem to be implying, you have to pick your battlefield, you get speed brews from failed ones, use those, I’m more than happy to give anyone that wants one a forged gleambow totem.

I would not want people to read these posts and think it’s too hard and not even give it a go.

Because it is good fun!

2 Likes

I’m about one for seven (or eight? not sure) on gyosha right now. Gleamtrunks pulled me off of one and and another player beat me to one. I make jokes about my skills but I’m just not a deadshot FPSer on gaming hardware.

I’m running 95m grapples and level 1-2 freebie brews, with starberry pies for these grapples.

It’s not impossible, and this event has a rep for being hard. But for the last two days it’s been a real pleasure, 2m - 3m timers keeping you on task and in a race with other players. With timers under one minute it’s a hard race against the clock, again.

For me that’s the difference between a few trips, ending at best on a note of “meh”, or at worst in anger - and some nice long sessions enjoying the event.

:man_shrugging:

1 Like

I’m still trying to figure out if I’m missing a setting somewhere…

1 Like

If you are talking about the mod, it doesn’t get the meteor for you. You will still have trouble getting to them and miss some like everyone else. Same as the folks that have been using the mod before the event for regular meteor hunts.

I personally just edited the file 2 days ago for a video. Haven’t used it before.

If you have everything possible like level 3 guild buffs, mega brews, max grapples, etc…yes…you will fair much better than those that don’t.

Being used to getting across planets quickly during hunts is probably the best training for this event. I still come across people that haven’t used a grapple yet. Meteors aren’t a problem for everyone, but I can see where some are having issues.

4 Likes

LOL is that what he’s trash talking about?

Doesn’t matter that much.

I know I’d be more interested with longer timers. I was away this weekend; I’ll sit this one out a few days and see if they increase the timers again. If they do, I’ll hunt some gleambows. I didn’t participate in the first gleambow event for the same reason.

1 Like

I guess the only impact is to PS4 players… i still get to meteors like 40-50sec before… and ive been lucky tonight :stuck_out_tongue:

Look at all that gleam hehe :smiley:

2 Likes

My thinking was that the server downtime restarted this process:

And that given time, the timers will re-calibrate like they did after the first couple of days of it initially going live.

I’ve done must my Gleambows on bes and serp. The serp timers have been around 2 minutes and the beseverona timers have been above 3 for me every time. Higher tier planets seem to have higher timers and aren’t that hard to get around for how much time you have. Tried Alcyon for a t6 and 3 spawned as soon as I entered the planet all three were gleam! I think the problem is everyone hunting on the lower tier planets is making the timers rough. Experienced players need to hunt higher tiers to make the lower tiers more accessible.

Yeah, I was wondering if the less-visited planets ended up with longer timers or something – or?

I was really surprised to see a couple of T6s with 1.30 timers. I assumed they had a lot of activity on them = shorter timers

Yeah i haven’t gotten one since I posted that about an hour and a half ago. I’m on gloviathosa now but I can’t get any spawns.

It was great fun for a couple days I’ll keep trying.

EDIT: Gloviathosa is hitting with 1:20 ish timers I can do that.

well the timers on ceph got boosted to 1m so its an improvement… even let a new player take one since they were there first and was struggling with slow hits on the items… was kind enough to kill the damn cuttles for them :slight_smile:

4 Likes