[COMPLETE] Very brief downtime from 10:30 AM GMT

Well I like the time frame it’s a race now

2 Likes

go go go!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

cool alycon timers 45 seconds… same with galan.

Delta too :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
Bersy is down to less than 90 seconds…was over 3 mins.

Boori had low timers this evening but I bet we saw twice as many spawns as usual. It was a rush knowing that you couldn’t afford to mess up your grappling but seeing 2 more spawn whenever you do mess up kinda helps lower the blood pressure, lol

Shedu Tier was 2min timers while i was running around earlier and felt easy mode… Admittedly I was using maxed rift grapples, lvl 3 guild buff and the grapple skill maxed.

Did a lap around Bitula with the 30 second timers and maybe got to 50% of the ones I saw. It’s agony trying to decide which one to go for when 2 or 3 are in the sky, haha.

I played my first 2 or 3 hours with no mod, then decided to try the mod out for a few hours and while it’s nice to have I can’t say it gives much of an advantage as I wasn’t missing many without it, but it’s nice to help find the odd one that I lost sight of. On the 30 second planets though I believe it gives no advantage at all. I think im going to disable it for the rest of the event though.

Iall in all it’s been a fun day, very glad to finally get amongst it now that I’ve finished my stint at work, my goo farm has been crying out for more fancy gleam colours!

Edit: sorry @Fante I clicked the wrong reply button, this was meant to be a general reply not at you.

1 Like

I seem to be the only one not getting any actual meteors made of gleam, 22 completed so far and all just multicoloured ordinary blocks apart from the 1 or 2 pieces from each lol … it feels like a bit of a social experiment at the moment :crazy_face:

James said the timers change depending how many completed meteors there have been within a time frame I believe.
So running around Gyosha yesterday I was getting really low timers, most I didn’t even make it to because so many people had already run the planet recently.
So I switched to Glovi, and the timers there were much better.
Just check out different planets at different times :slight_smile: pretty sure the timers reset after so long

(This is probably a simplified way of explaining it and I don’t really know 100% how it works lol. But I don’t think it’s broken)

3 Likes

The only advice I can give is to change planets.

I started on the exo this morning, 4/5 in a row not gleam, moved to imdaari, first 3 were gleam!

I’d say about 25% of the ones I complete after that were gleam.

I did miss some meteors, cos I lost sight of them, but imdaari seems relatively easy to compete, CV plenty of time, not too bad terrain, just bring a solidified for the bits of lava you can’t grapple over.

1 Like

Lol, I hope they patch your luck : )

1 Like

I have to admit I did only try about 3 planets last night and about 5-6 over the weekend. I even completed 12 in a row on the same planet hoping to get at least 1 made of gleam. It’s become a bit disheartening and feels pretty pointless at the moment for me and I hate being negative about this event because I really enjoyed it last time. Hopefully I’ll have better luck next time if I can find the time before the event finishes.

1 Like

Hmmm, are you missing any, as in losing sight of the meteor and not finding it at all.

It would seem exceptional bad luck if you were, and those were the gleam ones!

One thing I have noticed, is since I posted this:

I have not seen a single level 3 gleambow meteor (solo)…

Next time you go try again, hit me up and I’ll tag along if you’d like. I’m hella good luck :four_leaf_clover:

2 Likes

The only ones I missed so far were 2 on Gallan last night and that was because of the lower timers and when they went out of sight because of the terrain which made it impossible to find them. I’ve never seen a level 3 either.

Edit: there were a few I missed but that was because they were so far away and had clearly been triggered by other players.

I might jinx you lol :smile:

1 Like

Any chance you may teach me how to do that? :blush: [quote=“majorvex, post:29, topic:38361”]
I edited the meteor file and I made mine 600m, I made the meteors a lil fatter, and the trail a lil longer.
[/quote]

Nah, I can outrun jinxes, lol. For real though, I think planets with lower populations or maybe that haven’t been hunted as much drop more glass and gleam meteors. If I do 20 on biitula, I might not see but one or two, but when I jump to glovi, imdaari, Alcyon, or boori, it feels like every other one. I’m not saying you’re doing it wrong or that I’m better, just wondering out loud if the frequency at which the gleambows are spawned planetwide affects the type of material likely to drop.

Aww, someone else need the bumpers out at the bowling alley :innocent::wink::grin:

Who? Lol wrong reply? I’m possibly the fastest one here. Anyone want to race? :stuck_out_tongue: no bumpers for me sir. I grapple everywhere I go. It’s the best way! Lol.

2 Likes

I’ll try the planets you just mentioned next time I get a chance. The 12 in a row I did were on Serp which i thought would be a low population planet so therefore hopefully a better chance but in hindsight I guess not.

1 Like