Gleambow is turning me off of boundless

Go to a low tier planet. I am on ps4 and I still find it not to hard to get them.

This here too - I’m on Xortis now and had one land so far away I thought for a second about not trying… and got there with over two minutes left. :smile: And it was a pretty gleam one too!!

Thanks devs, really appreciate it!! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Two minutes! That’s insane. I’m glad they adjusted the timers. The event should be a lot less stressful now and far more enjoyable.

4 Likes

So far I’ve had no problems with the timers or landscape rendering its more to do with 8 out 8 meteors all being non gleam. For something that’s advertised as a gleambow event I would of thought the RNG wouldn’t be so biased. I’m really struggling to find the motivation to try any more with such a poor chance of actually getting a meteor made of gleam. The last gleambow event I struggled more to complete them in time but I still ended up with way more gleam than I am now.

Yeah I was reaching them with 2 mins or so to spare this morning! A much more leisurely hunt now!

2 Likes

The timers adjust themselves automatically depending on the success, reaches but failed, and untouched ratios.

What you’re experiencing is the timers adjusting depending on this alone.

The timers adjust manually to take into account the variation and challenge of the landscapes. Hunting on a flat world will end up with shorter timers than on a island-lava world. But maybe the lava world is then easier??

The event is extremely sandboxy - IMO. Vary your tactics. Vary your location. Sometimes it’ll be hard, but sometimes it’ll be easy. Easy will then become hard. So try something different then. The event rewards adapting and of course speed.

16 Likes

^ A big fat true :fist:

2 Likes

This is extremely cool! :+1: Makes me think about my strategy more, for sure. May vary my locations more here.

2 Likes

Does this tactic also affect the RNG nature of the materials the gleambows are made of, is there any way of improving the chance of getting one actually made of gleam rather than mud and mould etc?

I will admit saying gleambow was turning me off of boundless was maybe not the best title, considering I posted it the first day it was out and although the rendering for me is still bad the adjustment in timers length makes a huge differences.

I’ve actually really started to enjoy the event and have also taken this opportunity to map out some worlds. Getting to see so gorgeous scenery and some amazing builds this community has put together.

@james Just want to say thanks to you and the team for addressing some problems this quickly. I’ve said it before and il say it again we are lucky to have a dev team that cares about it’s community.

5 Likes

Can it go back to a 1min 20 sec lol

1 Like

ye this is too much heh

just got 3 of them in under 40sec (got lucky, stole some ppls meteors but still heh)

I like the longer timers, please keep lol

Edit: Yes we may now feel overprepared, but it’s better and more fun for everyone as a whole

4 Likes

But now I feel like I over prepared with speed brews and grapples lol

1 Like

yep, i feel you xD

1 Like

Ah, ok. I was starting to think something was off lol. On one planet it was like a minute…on some…more than 3 minutes, but different when I went back. I was asking myself “are the timers different on different planets or am I seeing things?” (It could be that I just hadn’t tried hunting on those planets yet)

I’m finding that when the timers are around 1:15 seconds or less, it’s too tense and all :anguished::confounded::disappointed:. When they are around 2 minutes or more, it’s a whole different game & a lot of :blush::grin::blush::slightly_smiling_face: fun (imo).

2 Likes

After an hour on glovi, I didn’t get a single gleambow with under 3 min timer. :woman_shrugging: Maybe 8 in a row

3 Likes

Was on Bese but still same

Honestly this upsets me more it broke normal meteor hunting…maybe it didnt and im just seeing the results of more people out and about… which means i dont like the spawn rates on meteors and they need to be turned up…

I didn’t really like meteor hunting before, but i would go so i could spend time with my guild mates and get oort stone, this makes me hate meteor hunting. I wasted about 4 hours last night and the night before looking for normal ones and at one point too many gleambow ones were spawning.

Now nothing is spawning.

Ill just go back to mining until the event is over so i can buy my oort stone.

2 Likes

You get tons of oort from the Gleambow meteors too. I got over 300 oort yesterday when I did a quick gleambow run. Regular meteors fall right along with them too.

2 Likes