Computer Hardware & Peripherals

Then the flexing could be on how many lemons you got or how few lemons you need.

2 Likes

the latter I’d say

but we are OT, so being back to that - what is going on?

I’m right there with you. I can run Boundless on max setting, but my computer chokes trying to run ARK on low graphics…

It warms my heart that NVidia is considering catering to the poor, it’s not like we don’t love staring at screens. I started to describe why I have lots of parts but probably won’t see them for a couple of years at least but it’s a long long long long long annoying story. I’d be more likely to scavenge for parts here on the east coast anyway, though sadly people aren’t leaving, yuppies are pouring into my little town to get away from the cities, the a**holes.

1 Like

I have played on ps4 since launch (with a year break granted), but wanted to delve into pc glory. My laptop JUST met system specs (2.9ghz dual core, 4 mb ram, on board shared vid ram). It loaded, but was worse than my laggiest experiences on console :confused:. So picked up a used desktop…3.9ghz (still dual core) amd, 8 gigs ram, and 4 gig gt 740 vid card…its totally a 2016 system, but runs boundless flawlessly at max res and options. So I’m sure it goes without saying, but WILL need the Potato+ XL to run it nicely :grin:

2 Likes

Runs fine on my 2012 hp elitebook i3 with no graphics card and 8gb ram. Pretty sure it’s eMMC too. I had to turn all the settings including resolution down, but it works.

2 Likes

oh … don’t worry … they won’t be cheap … you can stay down there, peon … :wink:

1 Like

You’ll speak of potatoes, but it runs fine (with some connection issues) on mine. Intel Pentium E5700 @ 3.00GHz (debuted Aug 2010, got it in November of 2010)
6gb ram
GeForce GT 710 2gb

2 Likes

I play on an intel AP42 mini PC, still. IT’s basically a tablet hooked up to a 55 inch monitor :rofl:

I could never even full screen boundless, it locks up my PC immediately trying to go 4k.

2 Likes

D: dang someone has a potato a older than mine D:

2 Likes

i wonder if thin clients will make a comeback with all this erratic infrastructure and commodity flow? seems just right for changing security cough needs.

1 Like

first laptop I used for boundless didn’t have graphic card - it could run on medium details with 20ish fps, but had to go low details to have 40fps or more… so yes the game is playable on a potato

still that laptop’s integrated wasn’t supported so I had to deal with some graphical artefacts here and there and an upgrade was needed

mind me, that even though my current is not a potato, and I have 500+ MB connection, areas like TNT megahub get laggy on full details if there are many people around (and that’s with just 1 portal set to be open at once and details in portal set to half of the current world); same for busy meteors with a lot of projectiles and bomb visuals

so:
u just wanna play - potato is fine
u wanna enjoy nice details - potato+
u wanna have no lag ever and high fps all the time in all situations - sweet potato

4 Likes

Honestly, if I could just find any graphics card that is equivalent to my SLI 970s for a good price then I’d upgrade in a second and make an eGPU for my many laptops.

Frankly, it’d be nice to do low powered gaming (no offence, Boundless!) without the whine of my gaming PC.

However, if I’m completely honest, I can play all the games that I want to play in 1440p (my monitor) at highest settings with little to no perceivable issues. I don’t need to upgrade, it’s just that I happened upon a bit of cash in my poor-ass life just at the EXACT wrong time.

Don’t think for a ■■■■■■■ second that the GPU mfctrs, retailers, and third party GPU makers, are going to let these prices die without a ■■■■■■■ fight. ■■■■ them all, and ■■■■ miners, scalpers, and silly gamers, for enabling them.

I realise that this is all very stupid stuff to be angry about (I assure you, I’m only internet angry, my real facial facial expression hasn’t changed … like when someone types out lol … ARE THEY REALLY LOLLING :smirk: ), given what the world is going through, and what some of these businesses are having to do to stay alive. But when the larger ones (that can survive) are basically just saying “what’re y’gonna do, huh?” That’s too much. ■■■■ 'em.

I’d just be happy to find any graphics cards period… I need to RMA my 5700 xt cause of the green screen reboot issue but id be with out anything until it comes back.

1 Like

I have my rtx 2070 and it is great. My only complaint is I can’t get it to render out further. Everything is still super.blocky super close even after modding the config. Like here Increasing Render Distance

2 Likes

If you change the minimum frame rate to none. That should help. I think it was @Stretchious that mentioned this in a post ages ago somewhere about to obtain the frame rate. The first thing the game takes away from is the render distance. I’ve got a dinosaur of a pc. And it worked for me. Just in the in game settings.

3 Likes

Idk how close is super close but iirc, everything in my building (i think 18 plots end to end) rendering clearly and I have a 970m.

1 Like

I do remember that in 2019 i would have to be finicky with draw distance as sometimes high draw distance wouldn’t render.

2 Likes

Anyone that wants a 970, I’ll sell it to you for a kidney. :wink:

the fud pantry loaded me up with sweet potatos, I love those things omnomnomnomnom instapotting them to a curry-laced bisque sort of thing tonight

1 Like