Outfits Exp & Targeting! Release 198 Overview | Jiivita's Corner

If your goal is to jump planet asap… here’s your video ^^… just be sure you have the proper supplies to survive when you get there :sweat:

It has also come to my attention since making this that silver and tech components aren’t exactly supposed to be that common necessarily :dizzy_face:

10 Likes

Why are you using a lighsaber to attack Alderaan?!? :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Its funny you did this now, me and Vem tested going from absolutely nothing to warp augments just yesterday. We’ve got our gameplan all figured out :slight_smile:

4 Likes

resources will spawn differently on new home worlds of course - so be ready not to see silver and tech components grouping the way you can see now on Solum/Therka etc.

4 Likes

This is hilarious, I decided to start a test character myself just this weekend and my landing zone ended up being right next to your test base :smile:

3 Likes

Yup, though we have no real way of knowing exactly how much resources we’ll be able to get :stuck_out_tongue:

I guess that part will just be up in the air, and largely based on luck

3 Likes

I mined on the prototype of future home worlds, and if there will be no big changes to how it looked like then, I have a pretty good idea of what to expect.

Surprises can happen of course.

3 Likes

Rofl that’s awesome ^^

To know that you must ponder the secrets of cauliflower =P

Yeah I didn’t know the resorces distribution was whacked until I went looking for surface resources on a lv2 world >< I just thought they didn’t want to torture us :rofl: … actually I was in the OLD mindset of thinking I needed gold… so I spent 3 days testing different ways of finding it on home worlds O.o then I looked at the compacter / warp augment recipes and had a moment of silence -_-

8 Likes

it can be either silver or gold I assume

2 Likes

Yeah, any precious alloy for the compactor… back when i started playing, warp augments were crafted with gold alloy… now it’s just base metal :rofl:

1 Like

Yeah, I remember those days - I even remember telling people they need gold when it was already made cheaper.

1 Like

Final Live patch before wipe O.o

13 Likes

Honestly anything Jiivita comes up with can definitely be taken seriously. He is one of the MOST in depth active testers of everything in this game period. There are a handful of others that do as well. He actively takes the time to intelligently and professionally create videos for everything he test out for all of us to at least pick the elements we like and don’t like so we can make educated decisions, and see for our own eyes recorded in game views of how it works in depth.

No pigeon towing at all. Just simple great advice that can’t go wrong. But can be tweaked to personal taste. I will say, if he says what seems to work best, it MOST likely is best, for that version of the game at that time for what he is describing.

6 Likes

@Jiivita I noticed you never chose any of the rage or focus stuff in the hunter specs. Are they still not that viable or just untested?

Also whats the difference between using Resist for a dpser as opposed to the Armor as a dpser?

It feels like the armor is kinda pointless in the game in this build and the last. I always maxed out my resist and it worked way better than maxed armor. Do you see the point of even having these 2 different approaches to defense at all, or should they be merged into one thing only?

1 Like

last i heard they are not working AND they require a rather expensive brew in order to use… the rage skills seem geared towards tanks but is rather underwhelming in their performance (back when they were working) and quite hard to use since tanks have to take damage to charge it up… and they hardly any damage ><

Focus is actually quite cool and possibly OP since it can completely freeze everything in the area as well as boost your damage and crit rate BUT there just aren’t any situations that demands such powerful skills. Because you have to spend so many points and you have to use a high level item to get any benefit from them, I can’t justify taking them since they would go unused most of the time =/

Edit:
lol forgot to answer:

Think of resistance as dodge… you ether dodge all damage or you take all damage
Armor is a flat reduction in damage 300 armor means 300 less damage from that type per hit

resistance is great for dealing with elite wildstock hits but unless you have a lot of it along with the deference epic instead of the damage epic it will be far too unreliable imho

armor is great for giving you a much more consistent reduction in damage… it’s easy to gauge how many hits you can take before you need to worry… however even with max kinetic armor, you still feel quite squishy if you don’t have the defense epic =/ Impulse armor (AoE) i generally don’t like because it really doesn’t do much to save you from cluster bombs… however they don’t seem to be as prevalent as they use to :thinking: anyway i generally see taking damage from impulse as a fail on my part (not dodging / paying attention) as most of it is quite easy to avoid… kinetic damage however takes much more awareness and timing to dodge

For tanks sure… higher level creatures will be able to overcome our resistances/armor somehow. right now we can out skill the current creatures… but on a lv8 world? if i had my way, resistances would reduce damage by a % making it synergise much better with armor… right now you can just take resistances and ignore armor all together… however when it fails… it fails hard ><

4 Likes

Basically I see it as that I am not spending cubits for mistakes that I just learned avoid in a jiivita video. El Savior of Cubits Jiivita

1 Like

Actually I don’t think so. A lot of his stuff is crowdsourced from what I can gather. He’s just the youtube face of the information :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nope. I’ve ran with him personally as has a lot of us.
He’s been in the thick of it since the beginning. He films all his play and edits it for awesome editorials. I mean it’s not that no one talks , he gets lots of info. but will always go out and test it himself.

1 Like

Sure ^^
Why reinvent the wheel if it is already sitting there in front of you? Anytime I use information from outside sources i give credit, like the tanking spec guild was based off of @virresss’s. He has been tanking since there was a need for one so it seemed silly not to consult him and get his take on the matter :wink: .

My goal is to provide accurate information in an concise and easy to digest format… so to ensure accuracy it’s generally best to use as many sources as possible. This can be tricky seeing how fast the game evolves O.o I’ve had numerous videos that have never see the light of day simply because they became outdated before they were finished =P kinda like my last leveling video… it had outdated info the day it came out… i probably should have just scraped it but most of the info is still good sooo lol Anyway, i test out most everything myself if there is any doubt as to its validity… i don’t always get it right but it’s not from a lack of trying :rofl:

6 Likes

Oh I wasn’t giving you ■■■■ for it or anything. I was just explaining it to the people claiming you were doing all the research from scratch. Hell a lot of my information is gained from reading forums or listening to your videos and seeing what I haven’t gotten myself. So while I criticize, I quite enjoy your videos bruv.

1 Like