Connection Error (Code 9)

Hello, Devs and players, maybe someone can help me solve this problem.

I can’t connect to any world (tried different regions and worlds was inhabited), because portals in the Sanctuary doesn’t opens showing me this error. How this can be solved?

The game has recently been updated. Potentially you need to restart Steam to get the update?

Additionally can you share the game log with us?

How I can share with game logs?

I have also gotten this error and no update is showing up.

Trying to fix this manually.

EDIT: Fixed. Restarting my computer and starting steam again made the update visible.

I updated game, but still have this problem, so update isn’t solving.

Have you tried restarting your machine?

Just restarted, still have that problem, here is the log

So anything new? I still can connect to any server and play the game :C

Are you playing on a wired or wireless connection?

Is this a new character and have you been able to leave the sanctum before?

One for @lucadeltodecso to shed some light on.

There have been a few updates today. I’m assuming you’ve tried Live since the 176 update?

If so, it might need to wait until @blake takes a look.

Wireless connection. Using WiFi router.

I played long ago the sanctum update to my chars can be counted as new, that never before leaved sanctum.

I downloaded all updates that steam offered to me. My PC and steam also was restarted few times.

I’m trying to hop into the world all day, tries live and test servers, all the same. Connection Failed (Code 9. Connection Attempt timed out)

I’m guessing there is an issue with the new multiple character stuff. Sorry about this.

If you can try creating a new character.

Created a new character, same error.

Also tried to delete all characters and leave just one, newly created.

So, Devs any ideas how I can fix my Connection issue? I still can’t play the game :\

It looks like there is a bug in the game. We will investigate it once the team is back in the studio on Monday.

The game is in Early Access and there will be (frustrating) issues. Thanks for your patience.

Ok it’s a bug we’ve seen once before where we call a windows api function which should never fail but it does with no sensible explanation why. Do you have anything unusual in your network setup, i.e. running any sort of vpn, and virtual network adapters, do you have a native IPV6 connection (if you don’t know what that is you most likely don’t)
What antivirus if any do you have running? can you disable that briefly and try?
Also do you know what wifi adapter do you have in your machine?

Can you also take a look at the contents of the file in

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\protocol

That’s a windows system file but maybe it’s become corrupted or modified by some other application.

I used and sometimes use Opera VPN, once before used SoftEther VPN client, My anti-virus always turned off.
When I has an issues with connection to other games I always used Fiddler 4 and he fixed any problems, but still can’t fix anything here.
I got Avast Antivirus but turned it off long ago.
Adapter in my laptop is Dell Wireless 1705 802.11b/g/n/ (2.4.GHZ)

I don’t have a protocol file in the folder, only Hosts.

Seems like something has removed that file which should be there by default on all windows versions as far as I’m aware. Without it certain api calls will just fail as you’re seeing. I might be able to work around it in code for a future release but for now you could try creating the protocol file, I’ve put the contents of it here which you can paste in to the new file, I think that would probably fix it
https://pastebin.com/kKzCr6AB