Connection issues and BUGS!

Has anyone else noticed that since Brexit I have been having connection issues???

Also I saw a planet named "Planet Name Unknown’ or “Planet Unavailable” or “planet not able to load” or “Planet blocked for just you” or “Planet only loads for every one else” or “Planet broken” or “Planet No Longer In Orbit”… I cant remember exactly, but it needs to be looked into @james.

1 Like

i once got ‘‘planet left orbit’’… and my girlfriend had once, ‘‘planet says no’’

4 Likes

@james please do something about Brexit, 0 stars

4 Likes

It’s because the information being sent from Boundless HQ’s servers needs to queue for countless hours in Dover, Kent before it can make it’s way to your router. And not before it’s had its passport stamped and visa checked.

Normal service will be resumed once neanderthal man is no longer involved in political decision making in the UK.

4 Likes

Planets load perfectly in the USA. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

We did it!
usa-were-no1

2 Likes

Wow where did you find this picture of me?

2 Likes

Today was a ugly day.
I had several lag spikes on Trung for nearly 30min … then it was gone. Ping was 50ms, then it spiked up to 150ms and so on.
Later we had lag spikes on Circarpous on a hunt, people told.

If this is since Brexit, i would say no … i would say, its since weather is out of control and its very hot everywhere.

2 Likes

My connection to the game gets spotty all the time, has since private planets were added. My thought was that those added some extra complexity to the network and so it became less tolerant of smaller network issues in the loop.

But i live in a rural area where my only internet option is 3mbps, or a cellphone hotspot. But i can get lots of other games to run without issue (like wow, swtor, ff14) but i do also get issues with new world, and halo multiplayer…

1 Like

I am sure climate change has got its dirty little mits on it…

I can honestly say that since Brexit I hadn’t noticed the connection issues you’ve been having, but I have had some of my own. Hoping someone has noticed those too.

1 Like

I was on the Circarpous hunt and didn’t have any lag.

1 Like

Not had any issues, except when a sea cable got cut. Besides if brexit is the reference point…I would say corona more likely, made the avg load of the internet spike considerably, so local congestions etc.

Somehow your connection issues had passed my notice to, but i will try to keep an eye out, perhaps it is climate change not Brexit and these issues have been around for a while…

AHA! Another candidate, it may be the Rona!..

I will keep an eye out for any other Corona related changes, thanks for the heads up.

How has local congestion been affected (just as a jumping off point)?

Avg utilization gone up overall, even after lockdowns over. Even with some ISP’s capacity planning, then the sudden peak broke any forecasting. Anything from interconnects for smaller ISP’s, the aggregation points and what not :slight_smile:

Besides, it isn’t that hard to debug if it is the internet, pc or boundless servers. At least not if you have a pc available. A little patience and breakdown of layers of fault options.

1 Like

I’m in the US and get connection issues all the time. At first I thought it was my internet connection, as there are 2 people playing in the same household and it seemed to happen to both of us simultaneously. But then I went on vacation, and even though we were in separate states, on different ISPs, we were still simultaneously getting connection issues. So I decided it was the server.

Mostly I get the popups that say the connection to the server is bad, frequently swiftly followed by being booted back to the sanctum. Sometimes the sanctum portals won’t load, and sometimes it takes about 10 minutes to connect to the login server. :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

I’m glad this post has been used to relay some interesting information (Apologies to Op’s).

been having constant connection issues as well in the past few weeks. super fun

2 Likes

I always find it quite annoying rather than fun when i have connection issues. Nice to know everyone is different. :slight_smile: