Connection issues and BUGS!

I to have experienced such deaths (and accidents), and have experienced this “Rubber Banding”. I don’t think we need video proof of their existence (but it may help (with something)).

1 Like

I had a problem for a while with my upload speeds, but my ISP eventually relented and one of the many technicians I spoke to actually decided to fix the problem rather than tell me it did not exist. It was nice.

How many of you are on PS. I’m on PC with a pretty hefty new PC and a good connection. My old PC never had many issues.eithee so not sure. My old PC still had 64gigs of ram and a 1080ti.

I’m on PC /10chars

I am also on PC, so i guess that makes two so far for PC./58chars/67chars/76chars…

I’m on PC. If the issue is my computer hardware, I just ordered a new one with twice the specs my current one has so maybe the situation will improve. We will see in 7-10 days when it shows up. :smiley:

2 Likes

I am on an older Dell. It’s 14 years old. P4 dual core 3.0 Ghz, 2 gb video card, with 6 gb of ram.

1 Like

Let me know if it’s any better I’m curious.

Currently, I am running an I9, 3070ti, 64 gigs ram. I gave my old PC to my son.

1 Like

I long ago switched to the setting that locks the controls when “effective ping” gets high and it’s irritating as all getout. But until recently it stopped rubber banding for me completely.

Recently (30 - 60 days maybe?) I’ve been experiencing it again, even with the prevention on.

Currently I have a GTX 1070, 16GB RAM, i7-6700. The one I ordered has an i7-12700, 3070ti, and 32 GB RAM. It won’t be quite as awesome as yours, but still pretty spiffy. We will see if the “connection” issues go away. I hadn’t considered that the connection issues might actually not be connection issues. I trusted the tooltip. Never trust the tooltip! :smiley: I don’t actually think it is my specs. Even on the current, lower specs, my CPU is just chilling at around 40% used, RAM is yawning, and the GPU is only hitting around 80%. The only one that seems sort of stressed is my GPU, so if it is that then the 3070ti ought to deal with the problem nicely. I could just turn my graphics settings down and see if it helps I suppose. The thing is, the framerate is doing fine. Meh.

1 Like

I’ve posted in so many of these threads, sometimes I miss them. This just caught my eye and man you put me on the floor. I have a stoool with a round base so I mean, there was a moment …

I’ve got to be honest I hadn’t noticed. Never gave it a thought until you brought it up.

Thanks for asking :rofl:

Recently got 5G?

Not even ironically, it usually isn’t.

Me too, usually. Or the routing, though, can’t forget that. I persisted once to the point of getting some devs interested in my problem and they did in fact apparently track it down to a misconfigured caching server or something at amazon.

A VERY localized issue :exploding_head: Not me, and not the (game) servers. It’s the joys of the internet times the volume of the cloud.

I put in thousands of hours on this:

And I recently upgraded to this:

My processor and graphics are now sharing a whopping 8 GB of RAM!

Sometimes I have connection issues, sometimes I don’t :thinking:

If I run a hardware monitor, I have a lot more connection issues when my system is maxed then when my connection is though. I probably see this one a lot more than you guys heh.

OMG look at you and your fancy “discrete graphics card” :scream: :rofl:

How many things can you pack into one single tooltip??

Not one single word about chocolate, or peanut butter.

Me too, sometimes!! It seems like more stuff in life needs to come with instructions.

2 Likes

I highly doubt its the specs. I do a lot of high-end gaming and I upgraded my PC after a pretty long time and glad I did. I play a bit of Star Citizen now and then along with most newer titles and while my old PC could handle most games there were times when it would lag or the FPS would drop to a point it that was undesirable. So, I upgraded.

I also stream at times and I just wanted my PC to be able to handle running a game and my streaming software without much headache.

Boundless at 240fps is not much different than Boundless at 60fps just FYI. Some will say no diffference as the eye can only see 60fps.

1 Like

I wasn’t expecting to see any bump in the Boundless graphics. I bought a new one because the warranty on my old one is up and that probably means it will start breaking down soon. :stuck_out_tongue: I do play other games, though, and those might get prettier.

Upgraded my display before the PC… was a mistake :stuck_out_tongue: went from 2560x1440 144hz(27") to 3840x1600 175hz(38") on a 1660ti GPU, with i7-5960X cpu, asus rampage v extreme, nvme samsung main drive with boundless and 64gigs of ram. Yeah… I could get the latency indicator quite a bit… because my gpu was struggling to run the game :slight_smile:

Upgraded the PC to 5950X (i7-5960x to amd 5950X… heh the numbering… I went 10 down!)
WD Black SN850 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 - 1TB (OS + Boundless)
GIGABYTE X570 AORUS XTREME
G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 CL18 QC - 128GB
still the same old 1660ti… did not win the gpu lottery at the time …

First issue … ran boundless for a while… lovely windows 10/11 headache… standby memory creeping up:

It got a bit clunky running boundless once that fills up with only standby ram, ended up finding a tiny tool on the net, I set to run every 5 mins (task scheduler) to release standby ram ( had to do that in win11 as well ).

Got the connection warning less after that, but still had it because my GPU was not able to keep up still.

At sporadic times when not touching the keyboard much would get the latency warning, changing power plan to “Ultimate” from balanced. removed that scenario. (driver update should fix that… but gigabyte software / website… erh… is (Insert diplomatic word here).

Finally upgraded to EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 ULTRA - 12GB GDDR6X RAM… had run it at 80% max… as that thing does run a bit “warm”…

Still ran into the issue from time to time but it was not GPU or routing related, as icmp flow was fine towards all hops along the way, was caused by a Sagemcom modem(with router built in) bad firmware … ate the dns requests randomly. “DDoS Protection” … in practice, was just a dumb packet rate counter, and when it thought it was beyond expected, starts to drop randomly (switched it off… solved)

The ASUS GT-AX11000 was not much better in handling DNS in general ( at least not if you want to run a different DNS server than the ASUS itself, and have it dynamically assigned )

I have not seen the latency warning since, besides when it was the seacable cut or when jumping between planets ( totally expected to see the latency warning then… the bulk load)

The game is not the most optimized… but windows isn’t making it easier either, or the hardware manufactures at times. And by only having a latency indicator, without one for CPU / GPU / Disc… then a lot gets assigned to latency issues than what it “often” is.

I wouldn’t want to play boundless over wifi, it is very bursty traffic :slight_smile:

Well as stated elsewhere in the topic… a gazillion problems can affect the gameplay of boundless. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sorry if I didn’t give enough details. GeForce GT 710 2gb video card. 6 gb ddr2 800mhz ram.

1 Like

@Huntsman

Pretty soon we can upgrade to the 4080 :slight_smile:

yeah… but given the power it burns… I am not inclined to :smiley: will need to move to a house and put the pc in the garage / basement, and run fiber back to the desk for thin client :-p

1 Like

Yeah but if a group is team farming a resource deposit, you might still have a to wait a few minutes for your portal to open :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

The game is unplayable for me right now.

EDIT: Apparently there’s an outage in my area but it’s only affecting upload speeds for some reason.

EDIT2: Outage is over in my area. Upload and download speeds are zooming and Boundless is still unplayable. I think it’s the game.

1 Like

The game has stabilized for me a bit. But it still has issues. Guess we’re stuck with it.