Experiencing connection instability to some worlds

Besevrona is playable today I hear. Get them while you can.

When I had this issue the last time I had a solid connection all the way up to AWS for what it’s worth. I didn’t have any latency until past the AWS edge.

Woot! I can play on EUC servers for the first time this year!

Yes, EU worlds are working again for me too. However this happened a week or so ago but we lost it again a couple days after. Hopefully this one is permanent.

If you got that IP address from pinging with the other server name than it’s probably the right server responding to tracert with it’s DNS name from the amazon network. They do look like that. I’m not expert at this however looking at your traceroute it looks like there’s a huge lag between some level3 servers in your route. For me personally the increases were more incremental but it’s not important, usually.

Some guys were discussing this today in another thread but all of the starred out ones are likely not a problem, some equipment doesn’t respond to this type of request even though it’s forwarding other traffic. Anything else I would guess from looking at this is just a guess from me. I don’t want to post confusing and possibly wrong info.

This may or may not help you anyways. Without knowing exactly what you’re looking for in terms of services and data centers I personally wouldn’t bother. Plus it would suck to put your machine on a service to correct your problems with EUC servers and have it slow down all of your interactions with US based servers.

This looks normal to me. It’s showing a ping of less than 200ms but this ping is already more than what you’re saying you get in game when playing final fantasy. The boundless game client shows me a considerably longer ping time than a raw ping since it bottlenecks my (weak) pc and takes a little extra time to process.

As someone who’s not deep into these things what you’ve posted here just tells me that you had a relatively normal connection from the west coast to europe at the time that you ran these tests. If the game client is showing you a much higher ping time and not maxing out your hardware you could ask comcast about that if you like.

the latency shown in the client is not pure network latency (because that alone is fairly useless.) but the effective latency, which includes things like the time between your pc receiving the network data and it actually being read/processed/acted upon, the time between the client pushing data and it actually being sent down the network, and the server to do the same things. so itll always be larger than pure network latency.

1 Like

Yes my pc has some very effective latency.

almost on schedule at the 1 week mark, having troubles on EU worlds again. Right when an EU exo with colors I was really excited to get spawns. Makes no sense, connection fine for 6-8 days and then bad for a week then good for a week.

Can someone just give the intertubes a good old fashioned cleaning out?

Yep, it’s back, EU servers are unplayable again for me as well.

I’m almost starting to think it occurs whenever an EU exo spawns. I guess if the issues persist in this pattern, watching what happens when the exo (with all the gorgeous colors I wanted along with it) despawns it might provide more information. Who knows. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I’m having unplayable connection to the Aussie servers as well. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

funny - the last time this thread was alive with people reporting connectivity issues, I had 2 days of unplayable on AU worlds

fresh reports coming now as I have just started experiencing unusual lagging on AU planets again

I am having problems with lag on Aus servers and have zero connectivity to EU servers which sucks for me because I really want some mats from the new exo.

I am having lag issues as well. Lost coins due to connectivity issues while trying to warp to the aus exo

yep,had this a few times yesterday,would get kicked with the message connection to server lost or something when trying to log back in (resolved it by rebooting the game)

Circarpous is unplayable at the moment for me when i normally get 80ms from Michigan.

For anyone with problems yesterday, currently there seems to be no problems. Going use the 30 minutes I have to farm this blue on the exo and hope the connection quality holds up. Maybe I can get some more playtime later today,

eu player, cant visit malu & galan…

unplayable connection 450 ms n more… char. portet forward n backward…

stuck in portal, till next lag…

not the first time, a few days i noticed this too and started to visit mostly eu planets and started a build project…

today i want to farm but impossible…

still having issues =(

Likewise, the Chill Exo was playable until an hour ago, then suddenly degraded and kicked me and now I cannot connect to it again.