Connection Issues with US-West hosted worlds

hehehe, no prob … I just htought that may be interestng for the devs as well :wink: (And since I relocate many posts over the weeks I’ve got quite used to have a look on all topics with the category in mind ^^)

A dumb question, I’m playing from the Southeast Asia and currently there is a hurricane/typhoon passing thru. Can this be the reason why I am having bad connection with the Australia server? Last time I played just fine.

So after having seen my character twitch back and forth all over my base, it now actually managed to reopen my inventory after I closed it.

It looks like it randomly replays the last 1-3 seconds or so of my input as if I’m actually inputting it again, but in completely random order, and without checks.

Seems like server lag. Has this in online shooter games as well

This is definetifly a kind of latency/lag problem.
It always happen to me, if the game says to me “unplayable connection”.
This twiching, shoving that you see is just the lack of transmitted positioning and input data between your client and the server.
Per example, you hitted a Rock and the connection issue starts, then it happens often, that your client don’t noticed the connection data is not transmitted and you play a bit ping pong with your action, means you hit and hit and hit the Rock, while the server does not noticed it.
A simple click on the action again stops it, same as moving, you just need to remember what was last direction you clicked before the connection issue started.

And yes, in this case the game is not playable and as long it is not your home technic that cause the problem you can not do anything except to try to go to another planet and hope the problem is not there too.

Yep. I’ve been spending more time on a level 4 volatile planet that has like 10-15 people on it just to avoid this issue. It’s a shame.

I experienced a lot of connection problems in Sochaltin (unfortunately my settlement planet…) I have to tray to test in others planets if it’s better. The thing that I dislike much is the necessity to find planet with less people to avoid connection issues because I like to stay nearby populated places

Yep! I’m hoping they have enough monitoring in place on the servers to see where these issues might be coming from, and hopefully be able to start fixing them.

US West here. I have been having this issue in the populous cities and portal hub areas since the patch. In relation to this, I also only lose connection and get sent to sanctum when I am in a menu. Outside of a menu, connection is fine, but within any menu, connection is very unstable.

Oh and one more, yesterday, the game froze due to connection lost and when I tabbed over to windows admin console to check ping, I had no ping to google, I checked my firewall and wan/lan server box and it was all green light, then when I ended the game process, my ping to google came back…

1 Like

Merged a couple of threads here as the “shoving” seems to be caused by server issues.

3 Likes

Yes. I had that briefly last night while on Beckon(NA east). Happened once every couple of minutes. Its like you’re being head butted by a Wildstock or ‘rubber-banding’ to a central point. The problem went away on Lamblis (EU).

I think so. And my problems did moslty occur in beckon. The reason I think routing is because the game somehow blocked my ping to google until I ended the process. Also, I can play the game fine most of the time with constant ping to google, but I can not pass the ping test that wonderstruck hosts on their site. I have never gotten any result other than fail from any of the servers. Yet I play just fine most of the time…

I’m on Arie and am from EU, can play, sorta, can’t go thru portals, distance is not being rendered and can’t check many things like friend locations…

Using the USA server, sunday, september the 16th 2018, I cant connect to world when I login to the game. Happened earlier this morning too. I checked my connection speed, and it is good (above 26mbps), This was fast enough for me to play yesterday. Assuming its server lag.

The specific issues relating to not being able to connect to us-west servers appear to be something at the hosting providers end. I’ll continue monitoring to see if I can get more specifics.

6 Likes

Are those servers used for other things as well?

As I said, I’m on Arie, an EU server, and besides not being able to warp out there’s only a tiny portion of the planet that actually seems to work. I was in a cave system and instead of seeing the rest of it I saw some planets but the game still seemed to know there was stuff there because I could break it and you saw the broken effect, but it was on something invisble, looked weird. When I walked a little further I could look up and see the animals walking up top.

Once I get back up from the caves I ran to the other side of the island I’m on, same thing happened there as with the cave, nothing being rendered, but can walk over it and break stuff (even tells me what the items are BTW)…

So it’s more than just US West servers…

I also tried to go back to Sanctum, but couldn’t get back to Arie…

Just took a look on Arie and it seems fine for me, what error message did you get when you couldn’t get back from the sanctum?

It just kept me waiting forever to load the world data…

I can try to log in again and see what happens. Could it be EU<->US traffic that’s being wonky?

Huh, seems to work now for me!!

3 Hours later, still down for me :frowning: