Connection Issues with US-West hosted worlds

Hey I’m still unable to play the game. I can’t connect to the server and can’t get out of the sanctum. Anything we can do to fix it? Today is the first day I’ve been able to play and also I ended up with a death debuff that I shouldn’t have lol. Thanks!

I also play from SE Asia. Australia servers have never been good to me for about a year now since EA. During off peak hours I experience the best connections, outside of that the servers might as well have been situated in Antartica. The other servers were fine for me. I think its because there is some routing issues out of Australia resulting in extremely high pings. Logic would say that Singapore is probably the closest country it should connect to get to the rest of the world; but my readings from the web suggests otherwise. Those in Perth gets the routing to Singapore, while the rest goes to US E. Go figure. shrugs

Playing from europe, seem to be having connecting issues with us west alnitans in particular.
after going through a portal, it loops the interstellar effect, locks you in an area and the only way out is quitting and returning to the sanctum. The sanctum does not connect anymore to the last location from there. I can still travel to any other planet with the other warp.

Not sure if this will be of any use, but this is the error i get when in sanctum waiting for the portal.

Edit: also forgot to mention this was a planet which at the time had 5-6 people on it while this occurred.

1 Like

I agree. It’s often at times of the day with a lot of people on, and I also (like others) sometimes get the ‘connection bad’ warnings when the jittering/shoving/warping/bouncing around is particularly bad.

on US East here, and the rubberbanding is getting pretty bad :frowning: any action causes rubberbanding, and then you get the unstable connection warning every few seconds.

1 Like

Is there anything we can do client-side to alleviate server load (besides logging off)? Reducing chunk download rate or any of the sort? I can have latency bounce around 30-80ms and then see spikes of 130-220ms when the rubberbanding occurs.

I have a very strong hunch that this has been a pervading issue for a while. Ping has been an issue for almost as long as I’ve played Boundless. I hope the provider takes this seriously.

Can’t even take 1 step without it slingshotting me in different directions now.

I just can’t play full stop. Had real problems on gravidias te, went to sanctum and now cannot connect back to gravidias. Every other location on my list including arie, lamblis, sochaltin etc is totally greyed out and cannot be used. I’m totally stuck

Hey there,
me an 3 friends are from Germany. Since we got kicked out of the game 5 hours ago we are stuck in the sanctuary and can’t get into our world Minorengle. Now it’s already past 10pm over here so our half sunday existed of waiting for a fix. We really wanted to play the game today it’s really fun. Hope you guys can fix the problem as soon as possible.

1 Like

Same issue, im stuck in the sanctuary, trying to enter the portal to Storis II, but cant make connection. I aint gonna pay 2000 coins to open the portal to home.

Fix it please!

1 Like

Already tried to open many Portals but they all fail. Coins won’t be lost cause the Portal won’t open up…

This is unacceptable at this point…

Updated original post with some explanation of the issue. Pinned the post globally so that it was easier for everyone to find.

6 Likes

US-East Biitula has been very excessive in rubber banding from people in all parts of the country.

1 Like

Had issues on Delta Cancret as well

I can confirm this issue as well on US East. There has been intermittent issues with lag and rubberbanding for the past two days through the day. I hope there is a fix for this soon. This issue makes the game a bit frustrating especially when trying to kill things.

What you have to do to solve these problems is to do traceroutes from the users that are having the problem to the server, and back from the server to the affected user, ideally the client would do this in the event it detected connectivity issues and sent the results to you automatically. You then can give this data to your hosting provider. A network engineer can then see where the problem is in the internet. They then announce subnets out a different link to route around the problem on the internet. Once the upstream issue is resolved they can then change the traffic back.

It would take our engineer about 5 minutes to do this once he had traceroutes in hand. We are located in the Central United States something to keep in mind as you grow.

2 Likes

These don’t seem to be the only worlds. Lamblis is getting server full occasionally and rubberbanding. Rubberbanding on Beseverona too.