"Cookies Wacky Hunts" poll

That actually a good idea for Delta roudrunner hunt who can catch a roadrunner without a Slingbow (O.O)

Reminds me of when I was little and went to city Lake Havasu me and my brothers would go catch the bunny so much fun

6 Likes

I like both types of hunts. If I’m feeling bleh or have a migraine, but still want to do something. I’d be more apt to do a Platform hunt. If i’m kicking it with friends or feeling spiffy, I like a running hunt.

The issue I generally run into with Running hunts, is it can trigger my motion sickness, so I have to be careful how long I do one of those hunts.

Wacky hunts are a different story. Fists only? Axes only? That is for funsies, everything else is just extra.

6 Likes

@Pwonstar man you have a bad habit of acting like you’re “representing a group”.

I don’t know who you include in “most people” or realize that “most people you know” isn’t “most people”.

Are you familiar with both spawning mechanics for meteors? Didn’t someone already ask you this?

Are you aware of the loot composition as you climb the tiers?

It sounds like you’re unaware that forging is largely fueled by hunting, and this is the core of the game economy, necessary for every profession in the game. This means that a lot of people hunt who don’t want to.

I don’t like platform hunts firstly because to me it feels like avoiding playing the game. However they ARE popular because they’re fast, and easy, and as you note you don’t have to actually be any good at the game to go out and get some oort or some forging mats. This is what many players need in the game. Perhaps it would help if before asking players what type of hunt they would prefer, you preface it by asking them if they enjoy hunting? I would place a bet that anyone who would rather not feel forced to hunt is going to push for platforms.

In fact I can solo T3 for 75 - 80% of the oort I’d pull on a group run T6 platform, and I don’t consider myself that good of a hunter, or even have a decent graphics card. I might honestly be able to beat the old percentage since I haven’t solo hunted seriously since the sentinel’s crest rebalanced loot anyways.

As for all these hard facts you seem to have about matters of preference and etc… I don’t know what to say. Some things aren’t actually “matters of preference” though. Platform hunts evade the world grid with ~200 spawning regions (on a public sized planet) and strictly focus on the region based system with it’s 50 spawn points.

OFC a skilled hunting group can generate more spawns in the same time covered, by using the larger grid on a running hunt.

Sovereigns can surely give a guarantee of nobody frontrunning you. They can also provide you with easier terrain, enabling a less skilled group to take good advantage of the whole system. What has never, ever been stated anywhere that I’ve seen is that loot distribution is different in any way on a sovereign. In facts the devs said many times that the sovereigns wouldn’t be providing “that kind” of advantage.

This widens the opportunity for less skilled or equipped players to make use of the actual entire system, which I guess is what you’re calling “advantage” or “favoritism”? I mean as far as the social shenanigans you’re talking about, it’s really a personal side issue. Hang out with a better class of person. Lead the hunt you want to see.

BTW that seems to be what cookie’s doing here. Maybe let her do that without co-opting the thread into another extension of whatever your personal agenda is. It’s clearly causing a bit of undue stress.

10 Likes

Yes, for somebody claiming to know “most people” and to speak for “almost all people”, there is a deafening silence in their support.

8 Likes

I know most people but will never speak for them boop we are all our own person boop

6 Likes

Hey CookieChan… do you have the data you need? I’m just want to make sure the thread stays focused on what you need and not other stuff…

2 Likes

It’s fine oh did talk to pswon on ideas it’s good to get opinions but glad he moved he’s conversation into his own forum post we can continue on ideas

3 Likes

How about a :cookie: hunt => first to bring you down wins a ss Oort ?

4 Likes

I do like the idea of a wacky hunt. Hunting with axes rather than bows. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: But maybe on lower level planets if it’s aimed at goofing around.

I have only been on a couple of hunts and it took some time to get my confidence to do so. That said, the hunt time doesn’t always fit in with my own schedule. But I do need the resources.

I’ve done hunts with dual axes. Can confirm it was a lot of fun :rofl:
I miss the crazy hunts.

@SWProzee1 we need to do some more :rofl:

2 Likes

That was fun with “Battle-axes”. Even high tier planets.

Enjoy !

3 Likes

:rofl: that was a lot of fun

1 Like