Cooperation between portal networks

It’s a game.

Also Woolworths…

3 Likes

With forged goods, I think you have to build up your reputation and make a name for yourself with the knowledge search not showing them.

I find myself going to only a few shops that i know that sells forged goods, and don’t bother looking for them in other places knowing it’s going to be a long painful search.
There probably are more shops dealing forged goods, but i’m not hearing their names from other people, and that probably means it’s not worth my time. looking for it.

The few i do go to, i hear them being recommended by others when people ask for forged goods. They have a reputation for being reliable, they get known by more people, more people uses them, and it repeats.

1 Like

I mean it’s kind of like shopping IRL. You’re looking for a specific store or brand and you have to find those shops by word of mouth, unless you Google (BUTT) ahead of time

2 Likes

Miss the good ole days when u just went out and looked for the items and shops urself. They were build so much bigger back then too the old dk tower all portals loved that place. @DKPuncherello

malls in Boundless often resemble urban centers; dkmall being like NE usa city and the ones with each shop surrounded on all sides by road being like SW usa city; that density also puts everyone there close to lots of services like downtowns before suburban sprawl won

where did fantasy tree go? i miss having the big tree nearby

TNT circ has portals to ultima & PS in the center of the hub and there’s a local to Tigg’s Tunnels in the bottom floor hall that runs behind behind the tall planet-labeled portals with the keeper of the other side of each planet portal on the label on the floor in front of it (and atlases too!)

wrt consolidation, I’ve many times decided I’m going to switch to Tigg’s being connected to a larger more consistent hub on each planet, but i didn’t think of it until after i took over and was treading water and chirping deleriously about my determination to meet the challenge almost immediately–Tiggerness was a force of nature.

Integrating the tunnels with other networks for the longer hops in order to have the whole network connected again (coz I want to use them!) and not be a redundant mass-oort consumer even if I get to that skill level is my plan so it’ll happen or something else will.

I do think there are strong reasons for there being many networks; until I was managing Tigg’s I didn’t know how attached to keeping my fave configuration out there running I would end up.

Boundless isn’t just a sandbox I play in and with; it exercises and expands the problem-solving sandbox in my head like in that Turkish story: She changes everything she touches and everything she touches changes.

Fantasy tree move to Ceph. But there is a portal lower lvl outta in tnt hub

1 Like

I think (for new players) it’d be nice if TNT wasn’t on a planet that made them need to know about protection points. That isn’t a complaint, more just … I dunno … it’s daunting … I didn’t go wandering around for a while because of that.

1 Like

U know its not that bad cause most new players don’t go searching till at least 5 and by then they have a few skill points to readjust to compensate for the planet. Or the cheap food we have at many locations to there to help with it

2 Likes

I think protections require level 10 or 15 minimum.

2 Likes

Hmm u might be right

1 Like

This is due to Circ being the closest in range for blinksecs to all of the t1 to t4 planets. The T3s would make many of the portals prohibitively expensive to keep running for the long term.

6 Likes

Ahhhhhhhhh … cheers, Soju!

This is why even though I don’t have my crops or workshop on Circ, I use the roadie hunting tower I built next to Tigg’s Tunnels Circ node as my 0c-warp home beacon. It’s one local portal away from three major networks and the result is I don’t put off going to this or that place as much as I used to.

On a side issue: I still don’t understand why all the T6 NS T5 planets are so far apart from each other.

1 Like

Ah … I did something similar, but just built a portal outpost near the Sochaltin I GTG Outpost that already had a Compass in. So I can still stay remote, even on SochI, but equally bang out into (as you say) multiple places quite easily via those hubs (and Grandeur, now).

Decided to then open that little of mine up for anyone else that wants a local hub. Just need to finish ■■■■■■■ around with it. :smirk:

this is very very old EA post off me butt would this sorta help its a icon and color coded system i made for portals
if every portal ingame uses a sort off universal info system we work out
could be helpfull maybe

also we know have real icons but still would prefer these ascii ones lol

4 Likes

Yeah, but a different colour system that doesn’t compliment yours [/playfultrolling] ; - )

1 Like

the red for hubs was kinda a troll anyway back in the day

1 Like

hah! nice! XD