Coordinates on HUD?

I wasn’t able to find a way to put the coordinates on the HUD. This game does not do:
X= -West and +East
Y= -South and +North
Z= -Down and +Up

So I have to repeatedly consult the location tab which there is not even a hotkey to get to. This sounds entitled so I’ll just say that I can manage if nothing changes but it would greatly assist me.

I searched for ‘coordinate’ before posting and the only other post was about someone having a hard time finding their beacon.

Sounds like navigation is a bit stressful.

y is an elevation

only x and z matters

To find coordinates press “.”

1 Like
1 Like

Sure, those are the coords and how they work but:

1. Where else is the Y-axis elevation?
  2. Why are coordinates buried in the debug or multiple clicks into the inventory menu?
1 Like

btw,

X is East/West, East decreasing numbers, W increasing
Y is elevation, up/down self explanatory
Z is North/South, North decreasing, south increasing

the only reason i can see as to why it’s not just on the HUD, is because the debug menu is in the game currently, so it’s not too difficult to get to.

Most notably, the game is still in Early Access and not complete. I think eventually there will be co-ords on the HUD. :wink:

2 Likes

Early access is when these comments are most helpful. ^_-

2 Likes

I’ve been recently thinking that it’d be nice to have a somewhat customizable HUD. Like having your Altitude displayed without opening up a menu, or all three xyz. Also if I could get the ‘you need to kill this many more of blank’ quests to go away if I wanted that would be awesome.

A compass/birds eye view map has previously been developed and tested, but was withdrawn after the C++ update. I think we can expect this as a possible explorer’s skill or other application in the future. It’s also possible that many of these features will be included in the gui updates that are currently rolling out piece by piece.

3 Likes

That’s just the standard for the math/graphics engine world (and since they’re only exposing it via the debug menu, that’s what we get :P)