Recently started playing Boundless and really likeing the game so far. The team/devs did a really great job and I am pretty sure the game will be even better when it gets released. Below my feedback and suggestions in an attempt to help in future development progress. I tried to categorize them to make it easier to read.
- Allow chatting to friends/guilds directly, without having to be nearby. Also mentioned here by @T4LCOMX.
- Option to add friends by name
- Option to locate friends more easily (when on same planet)
- In-game player friend suggestion based on Steam friends?
- Display avatar of player in stead of a black box in the friends list
- Display ‘last online’ when friend is offline in the friends list
- Allow customization of plot name
- Display owners and vilagers of claim when in claim
- Easier way to plot when there are multiple beacons nearby (how to know to which beacon it connects? maybe something with coloring them?)
- Add a ‘locate beacon’ option to find back the beacon in large plots
- Maybe we need a solution for special plots in cities, since there are roads now that became unmanageable because the plot owner stopped playing. [Re-evaluate after new beacon system]
- Allow others to manage the portal without having to give full claim access (can be in the portal itself or some kind of permission in the beacon like a ‘portal manager’ in stead of just ‘villagers’)
- Display portal time remaining to all players using them (so that they can warn portal owners/manager to add Oort shards in time)
- Display both values for player as seller/buyer (eg 10% rules visible)
- Don’t allow other players to reorganize shop inventory
- Why is the ‘Your inventory’ tab needed in a shop?
- Add item to hotbar from smartstack without having it to remove it from smartstack
- Search option in the recipe list so that an available recipe can be found more easily (in stead of scrolling through the long list)
- Signs, with different sizes when placed on adjecent blocks. Also mentioned here by @knightsb
- Ladders, fences
- More glass, glass panes (multiple colors?). Also mentioned here by @boundmore.
- Green gleam? Maybe combine yellow gleam with blue gleam in the mixer?
- Add option to craft armor or decorative clothes to give players more a more distinctive look.
- Key shortcut to go to location list (press L)
- Group locations by planet to prevent very long lists
- Move 'Reset control to defaults to controls section
Bug: Scrolling lists (eg. game options) to the end does not fully display the last item in the listFixed in Test 162
- The locator/compass becomes a mess when there are a lot of beacons nearby. Is it possible to add a UI where you can enable/disable certain types in the locator/compass? For example disable beacons so that you can only see players and mobs?
- Display coordinates in HUD. Also mentioned here by @Pandaclysm.
- Provide more extensive logging (or point me in the right direction) for handling game crashes. Sometimes (after long playing) the game seems to crash and I can just debug with Visual Studio but (since I don’t have the debug symbols) but it just displays a non descriptive exception.
- Add flowing water and lava. Also mentioned here by @Heurazio.
- Lava as fuel source?
- As a fellow software developer, keep up the good work and the regular updates
I will try to keep this post updated when game updates or when devs confirm certain items.