Copper ore IRL

Photo by Emilio Carabajal Márquez for the Nikon small world competition

8 Likes

And for @trickyy90

3 Likes

:black_heart:

Love macro shots, like something from another world

Even though…?

I’m confused, you know that spiders are my favourite right? (Well, after my snakes) :smile:

I see your spider, and raise you this guy…
jpeg-2

1 Like

Think he was forgetting it was @bucfanpaka that loves spiders as well :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

Yeah, me and Paka are on opposite ends of the scale :laughing: :spider:

:angel: :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Very funny y’all. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

On the mineral ore, I put some more pics and detail here in the OT hobbies thread, but here is a ruby in it’s natural state - in a screen surrounded by other rocks - which I found (I don’t just mine in the game :wink: )-

4 Likes

Omg such an awesome hobby! :heart_eyes: i want to mine!

1 Like

Wooh Ruby! What exo did you find this on? (:joy:)

4 Likes

Tbh, with its unaligned square-ish nature, it looks like something out of Boundless :laughing:

1 Like

Thanks!! :smiley: If you ever get over to this region, it is a MUST - soooo fun and addictive! :grin:

This is a beautiful area to visit regardless - might not be back on Boundless until late tonight EST, gonna do some Fall nature photography this afternoon, may put some pics in another OT thread here, but if not they’ll be on my Twitter for sure. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Will definitely check those out when you do. I’ve seen the photos of where you live, I’m so jealous!!
Rainy Yorkshire has its beauty but I’d love to visit over there!

2 Likes

Thanks!! :smiley: I’d love to visit over there myself!

I had always been in love with the area I live now, from early childhood - only problem is, a lot of people from where I’m from originally, FL, are getting the same idea, and for all the open wilderness ironically the area is starting to get crowded! :joy: (Roads and all) And the number of tourists here right now, yikes… good for the area economically but since we’re gonna go up on the famous Blue Ridge Parkway, just hoping the popular parking spots aren’t full!

2 Likes

Rainy Yorkshire is gods own country, best place on earth! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Sadly Denmark with its ton of limestone, isn’t the best place to go mining. :frowning_face:

I’d love to go digging, too. I’ve always had this weird craving to do so, and I have no idea why.

1 Like

Continuing on the mineral theme, here are some sapphires in their natural state. :slight_smile: Of course, these are just a few specimens from one locality - if you were to go mine the famous Yogo sapphires out in Montana, they look quite a bit different when you find them.

Everybody thinks sapphire = dark blue, but sapphires are every color but red. Red are rubies - same thing, corundum. :wink: What counts as red? Good question, lot of argument about that around here, since a well-known mine here says what are clearly pink and plum sapphires are rubies. Corundum expert friend of mine couldn’t even give me a straight answer on that, said it actually varies by locality what counts as “ruby.” Who makes that determination? I dunno. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: Anyways, sapphires from this place are more medium to light blue, blue violet, pink, and bronze. Including a pic to show how different they look when cut!

5 Likes

Is your spider real? It has wild eyelashes

Not a spider but have u seen the ant shop in PS?

3 Likes

I love copper after installing electrics I drive to copper merchant he always put smile on my face

1 Like

I have seen the ant!! I spent a long time looking its absolutely awesomely done :ant:
And yeah it’s a type of jumping spood, they’re the cutest!

@bucfanpaka you’re making me so jealous with those photos! I want to make jewellery from them, so pretty :heart_eyes:

1 Like