Could we get an Auction house already...please? :)

I understand, having to do the Sightseeing tracking is cool, seeing all the builds and planets.
But personally for me it is a waste of time, no offense to fellow builders. I want an item and i dont want to spend 2 Hours+ to get it.
Secondly it would rattle the Price market Abit so People who have not previously could then market there goods for the whole community, instead of hoping that a lone Traveller finds there Portal among hundreds others and then takes the time to wander mega malls to find there Little shop entrance.
Thirdly, current leading market Profit makers would have to adapt because then the Competition is real and not on some random planet.

An auction house would add a new layer on top of the game mechanics from what i experienced from other MMOs, so why not?

6 Likes

I think there’s middle ground to be found here. I agree that there needs to be some sort of organization system to find deals, but an auction house would make half of our builds, portal hubs, etc entirely obsolete. We still need storefronts, we just need a better way to track them down and see what items are there before making the trip. Like an online repository similar to boundlesstrade, but easier to use and global.

1 Like

Im all for an auction house. I know some aren’t. I’ve got some ideas on this but it would involve adding a planet with special conditions or accessing an alternate dimension via the sanctum

We could just have an extra tax if bought thru the auction house as to possibly make people still want to go to the store. Call it a delivery fee if you will. The seller will still get the same coin as if it was bought off the stand but the buyer would have to pay a nominal fee. Maybe 1-2% more.

2 Likes

So then it comes off the seller’s stand but with an extra fee, not listed separately…hmm, alright. I’d be much more receptive to something like that.

1 Like

I think with how footfall works and the dev’s vision on that we should still be required to physically go to that shop and buy it. Like @autocatalyst said, a lot of people put effort into the hubs and shops to make them look nice.

I’m thinking something along the lines of a location token that would include directions to shops in stock and fairly recent data on availability.

3 Likes

FF is not a good reason to prevent it imo

Also the hubs I use I actually couldn’t care less how they look. It’s just about how easy it is to get to the other planets. Could be all made out of mud for all I care lol

2 Likes

So the store owner should get profit from the sale and footfall? Why? If they are not selling items for a profit or do not keep the store stocked why should he customer be generating coin for them?

3 Likes

All interesting for sure.
For me, time is blocks moved. Having to track over half a planet just because i want something might be ok for some People.
I want to open a operational block, go trough the list of
Seller
Item
Price
Planet
Loc Token
That would be a compromise for seeing builds and beeing time efficient in the borders of the game Vision, in my opinion.
Ofc i would rather buy from the AH, but well :slight_smile:

If we have an auction house, I would like it to be something that players can build for their shop. So basically a way to consolidate the shop’s inventory into a listed menu of items that if highlighting one of those items will have a thumbnail image of what that item looks like. If it’s a tool or weapon you’d see any forged effects that are on it if it has been forged.

I would also like to see at least some sort of in game directory of registered shop locations so players can physically travel to a destination that is an actual shop.

Basically the external shop scanner tool but a couple serious upgrades to it.

At least this implementation I think would still promote people to run around and over people’s beacons. It would still generate footfall and cut down on the wasted time for a lot of folks who just want to quickly go shop for a particular item. It also doesn’t force players who want to organically search for that hidden gem shop with amazing prices. It also doesn’t force shops to all price things the same but it does promote competitive shop keeping between shop owners (which the customer benefits from).

4 Likes

Well my example included item availability as well. So if your prices are too high and you don’t keep stock you won’t see any traffic. I’m trying to find a solution that works for both sides

2 Likes

An Auction house would defeat the purpose of footfall, shop building, market/mall building, and settlement building. I would give a no.

Although, I would suggest a UI for listing all market price and shop’s location like Boundless Trade Network. This way, players would still have to walk to the destination. I would find this acceptable since most shop are connected through portals. Additionally, shop owner has been posting and promoting their shop in the forum and discord which includes instruction on how to get there.

5 Likes

FF was never intended as a tap for income. So I still don’t see how ff should dictate anything with this.

4 Likes

FF would still be a little bonus for keeping an active, well priced shop. With how much time has already been devoted to balancing footfall, I can’t see them just ignoring it completely to implement an auction house.

With that being said, I would happily sacrifice footfall to get a functioning AH

2 Likes

Right now, the more coin people have the more they can spend it on. The average player doesn’t bring in enough coin to spend it on stuff but on the other side of things is there isn’t enough items you regularly need to buy with coin in the first place. Everyone needs more coin just as bad as more stuff to spend it on. It’s a really dumb vicious problem.

At least this is how I am seeing it.

What is the other side in this equation? As the person looking to buy, why am I asked in the current system to trek all over the universe to find something I want to buy. Even if I know where it is I waste time and generate coin for all the players whose beacons I happen to cross. In all honesty this is one reason why I just make things myself.

An auction house does not mean that a payer cannot still “shop” if they want but it offers an alternative for the players that do not have the time or do not want to waste the time. If a player wants to buy x and see what else they might find then they still can. Shop stands would still be necessary in order to determine what was to be sold even through and auction house. As far as Settlements building not being needed I will strongly disagree. The place where my main build is has prestige in the millions and houses a decent number of players and there is not a store in the place. So not requiring a store has nothing to do with settlements. Would it affect malls… It might but I do not remember malls being around at all in EA and things worked out just fine.

3 Likes

FF<Minter.

FF for me at least will never beat the amount of coin I can “earn” from the minter even with my prime spot locations, farms, portals to everything I own

I’ve said this elsewhere. I think the middle ground is that footfall should go the explorer and only a minimal amount to a beacon. Then you have an auction house where you purchase a placeholder token to go collect your goods from the shop.

4 Likes

Well if we’re talking about coin generation, yes, the minter is better 100% of the time for an active player.

But if we’re talking about income generation for a player that’s different. You want shop sales, FF, and items to Mint. A craftable auction house you make to put on your beacon plus an in-game shop registry would help push towards players earning a more diverse income. You’d still want people to travel from place to place no matter what. I don’t think having your traditional auction house window menu would be healthy for this game though.

No auction house. There could be a tab, like under places or character (I don’t like the idea of a gameside house / notice board you can go to, because the person that plots around it get “a lot of power”) where people can add their shopstand info and area, or perhaps a setting on the shop stand that allows player to “show stand in auction tab or not”. Then people can see stores much better and the sellers get footfall.