Could we get an Auction house already...please? :)

I dont understand that answer. And i asked you, not what i prefer, because, that is rather clear i think :slight_smile: ?

But interesting enough, you brought up AH 1.5, where i could put up an order and whoever sees fit, whenever they see fit, can fullfill it. Which, as it is a hybrid of time gate and interest and Money, would prolly fit perfectly into the boundless universe. Good find!

1 Like

I would not agree. . that requires negotiating all the terms which still can take a great deal of time. Time that is wasted not doing what you want in the game. Also I think they are looking for a solution for every buy and sale and not just the one off special orders. Does this really work to conduct all sales from now on using a contract system? Put out a contract everytime I need a forged tool?

2 Likes

If you think of it as another queu, like the crafting queus, i actually can see this work. The only Thing that irks me is, you never know _WHEN in time it will be fullfilled. So yea, it would fit into boundless, Basic wise, but would be a not so happy compromise i think.

Then it does not get used and we wasted a lot of the developers time. If one of the issues players are having now is the time it takes to actually find and buy something then this does not necessarily shorten the time, so they do not participate.

If the goal is to engage the customer in the economy then something needs to change. The Boundless economy is set up to favor the shopkeeper. Low barriers to entry and once they put items on the sales stand any additional effort is entirely up to them. They can advertise on the forums or discord which requires no traveling throughout the universe or not. Then it is up to the customer to find the stands (for which the seller gets footfall) and figure out the best price.

Are we really surprised that it is hard to get players to want to visit stores?

2 Likes

Yeah I can get it might not have made sense. I brought that system up because it would have saved you a lot of “time” and that seems to be one of the key reasons you want this system since you mentioned 7 hours and how so many parts of the game you aren’t interested in. So I saw it as - I want X and will pay Y in Z time frame. Put it up and it is filled or not.

I didn’t respond to the other points because your quoting the “yellow pages” was an incorrect way of describing that solution especially when it was suggested to deal with active or not active shops.

I am not sure what AH 1.0 is but assume it might be that boundless trade website? If so, that is a solution that needs to be removed from the game because it breaks TOS.

I am not sure what AH 2.0 is but based on that description I wouldn’t agree because it breaks huge parts of this game and removed major areas of content and interaction.

Do you have a shop, Xaldafax?

Only a short Reply sorry.
The Version numbers i put up are just “markers” for some of the actually interesting ideas in this thread, sorry if it confused you to think i meant anything else. I dont care for boundless trade, as the smaller stands Arent in there.

Not sure how that is relevant to the discussion… But yes I have, had, and am planning new shops in release and in EA.

It is one of the key parts of the game people are driven too explore. It definitely needs work.

You got me confused once more.
Why are you planning new Shops for EA and release?
Is this a clever covered beta i am playing?

1 Like

Just trying to figure out how your perspective has developed; whether or not you’ve suffered as a shopkeeper who feels they can’t sell anything due to lack of exposure or as a shopper who spends 7 hours trying to search for items to buy, etc. etc. I was just curious.

Also… Boundless trade has also helped a ton of people on both sides of that coin, I’d be happy to see it stay until an efficient in-game solution is implemented

4 Likes

I agree about Boundless Trade and I use it quite a bit, but I definitely puts PS4 players at a disadvantage and I think it should be implemented as part of the in game design.

2 Likes

Lol… good point… no it was a result of me not taking enough time to write a better response.

I was planning shop in EA but those plans went away due to the fact that we released the game earlier than expected.

Fair point completely… I think it is important to really understand people’s perspectives. Most of what I try to do is understand that perspective but sometimes the questions I use, approach I take, or the challenge of the idea does not come off in that way at all.

I think most people have suffered as a shop keeper. Personally I don’t enjoy much of the game play experience hence why I tried promoting some ideas on fixing it and do what I could to influence changes. I don’t feel the system is great in a whole series of ways and needs to be fixed. Mostly my approach is to really focus on those things and for me something like an AH with price listings really doesn’t solve core fundamentals and is more of just an attempt at a fix. Since I am a Solutions Architect in IT in real life I tend to bring those views and approaches into things and push for foundational changes.

I will never be for things that break TOS and are hacks, but I can appreciate that it is helpful even though I don’t think the people that created it should have done it for a variety of reasons. Ultimately, though, I hold the Boundless Devs fully responsible for allowing both that breaking of TOS and the lack of shop tool functionality and shop game play. They really need to spend time fixing the core “shop” game play.

Is there a way to improve your “show only active shops” proposal to make buying things a fun gameplay experience for shoppers/people who find searching to be an unfun experience?

I like the idea of an in game shop stand index that shows you peoples buy and sell prices. Then you have to go find said item like on boundless trade website. Only it is a more polished in game system available to everyone and updates in real time with the markets.

You should be able to type an item in, then sort buy price high / low, qty, distance ect.

1 Like

it is the devs released the game but it was just a formality that SEC pushed them to do there is not going to be a wipe or anything but the accelerated release put a wrench in alot of peoples plans

1 Like

This was more a jokey coment, but thank you :slight_smile:

Fair question and honestly I don’t have an answer right now because I really don’t have a good enough understanding of the vision the Devs have for “shopping.” I have only talked a few minutes about that area with them and pitched the idea to just get SOMETHING moving in that area.

I really would want to understand how they see that part of the game working and what they feel is ok to do and especially what they are against and why they are against it. I feel once that is understood better then I would have better ideas on how to fix. As an example if “visiting shops in person” is a key requirement the Devs have then that would mean certain things can and cannot happen in the solution.

Honestly at that point after understanding their views if “price listing” was something that was ok and didn’t seem to create the concerns I see now, then I would be all for it. It is just right now with what I see in the landscape of the game and how it is played I am against it… but when the context changes or nuances come out then my views could change.

Like the grind thread I posted I think we need honest sharing of the issues people see with shops first (I tried this via shop thread I created) and then see how the Devs view things before we offer suggestions.

I did read it I find it fascinating that you assumed I did not. Still stand by my opinion

we need something tho even if its a billboard that displays shop locations and what they sell for how much it would help 10 fold.

1 Like