Covid in my household

Today’s UPDATE: none of us are feeling any better today. I took a home covid test today and my test came back positive. My daughters test are still negative, but I’m sure that will change in a few days, I surely hope that it doesn’t though. I have flu/sinus/pneumonia symptoms. I actually feel a little worse today than yesterday. I just took my last antibiotic today and have 2 more days of steroids to take. I wouldn’t wish this on my worst enemy. I had pneumonia really bad a few years ago, was hospitalized and almost didn’t make it. I had been sick for months before I went to the hospital, after they released me, i was still sick for another 6 months. With my chronic COPD and emphysema, my immune system sucks really bad and once I get sick, I stay sick for what seems like forever. I just wished this would hurry and go away

7 Likes

Are the antivirals a possibility for you?

1 Like

Hope you and your Family IS getting netter soon
Whish you all the best :muscle::muscle::muscle:

1 Like

Best wishes and I’ll keep all of y’all in my prayers

1 Like

Get well soon @Phyre-Fly and your family! Wish You all the best and a quick recovery❤️ stay strong!

1 Like

Not sure, waiting on doctor to contact me back

1 Like

Thank you all very much. It means the world to us. We seem to be better today, still a lot of coughing and congestion.

7 Likes

That’s good news @Phyre-Fly :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you @May-L04, closer to the evening, more tightness in chest and harder to cough anything up. Hopefully tomorrow brings a better day. I cant take 1 breath without alot of gurgling ans wheezing sounds going on inside. That junk feels like its right there at top of lungs and will not come out.

3 Likes

Still sick as hell. Doesnt seem like we can shake it off. Feel like I’m drowning. Gonna have to call dr again in morning.

6 Likes

Get well soon
Consider paxlovid
I’m not a doctor but I did go to Med school. I think if your lungs are that gunky you should go in person so the doctor can look at you
Not sure how rural you are but urgent care or even CVS or Walgreens clinic nurse would be helpful. They have stethoscopes and those are what I think you need.
Breathing is very important. You don’t want to not breathe.

1 Like

Thank you, I will ask my doctor about that. I’m waiting for them to get back from lunch so that I can call them again for an appointment. I would have called them earlier but I am just now waking up for the day. It has definitely been a rough road for the both of us.

When I called the doctor a little bit ago. She said it does not show in our records where I called last week and left a message with our doctors assistant on the machine. I told her that I had a feeling that he never received my message and that he wanted me to call him if I ended up testing positive with covid and if we didn’t seem to be getting any better. Also told her that I’m pretty upset over him not receiving my message because we just lost my sister in February due to this and she was also my doctors patient.

After my sister was hospitalized for covid, I had a regular 3 month check up, and told him about my sister. He said he was going to call both hospitals because neither one of them bothered to call him to ask any medical questions about her or to even let him know that one of his patients were hospitalized and how severe she was. My mom said the hospitals doctors and nurses kept asking her my sisters medical history and she said she doesn’t know all the meds that she is on or could even answer all of their questions. She said she kept telling them to call her family doctor that he could answer all the questions that they had.

Its pretty sad when “professionals” and their “assistants” won’t contact the main person/doctor that has treated you for many many years and knows every little medical problem you have ever had. If they all had worked together and contacted her main care provider, you never know there may have been a better chance at saving her life. Now mine and my husbands life could be in jeopardy, and I’m beyond pissed at his assistant for not letting him know that I had called with the specific details that I had left.

Several months back during one of our regular check ups, I had complained to him about some of our meds not being called in to the pharmacy when I called to leave several messages on the prescription refill line. He in turn told me that I was about the 18th person that has complained about the same thing to him within the last few weeks. That he brought it up to others attention, so they were doing an investigation and checking the phone lines, to determine if it is an error with the phones or if there was someone in their office not doing their job.

I’ve not had a problem since then with refills being called in on time. But now having a problem with his assistant not relaying messages. So now I’m pretty sure there wasn’t any issues with the phone lines. If the assistant isn’t going to do her job right then they need to get rid of her, she could ultimately be the difference between life and death of people.

Sorry for the long rant!

1 Like

Maybe, however If the office is short staffed then you should be blaming the person responsible for the budget and staffing, Many Healthcare workers now days are extremely overworked and are doing the job of 4 to 6 people in some cases.

hoping he gets back to you soon, and can help.

1 Like

There office is definitely not short staffed, this has been an ongoing problem for nearly a year now. They have double the employees in this facility in the past 2 years, than they have ever had in all the many years that I’ve been going there. If I felt it was due to being understaffed, then I would never have said anything like that.

2 Likes

They did finally call back this afternoon. We both have an appointment this coming friday

2 Likes

@NL-Tim please leave my thread alone and stop changing the topic. I do not appreciate it. Thank you

strictly speaking, it is technically “off topic”, my own medical related topic when I thought I had ALS was moved into the “off topic” category as well, so I don’t think it is anything personal against you.

3 Likes

@HOST thank you very much for fixing my post