Crafting Titanium Ornate Doors

I have the same issues, but with Silver bar for the Stylish doors.

1 Like

Are you saying that “base metal” is only referring to copper and iron?!

3 Likes

Yeap base metals are just iron and copper.

1 Like

Ooooh, I always thought as “base” is considered the first process stage (as in the bars) before turning it into alloys. Duh!

Seems like there is indeed a problem. Lets wait until a dev looks at it.

Iron and copper(zinc and a few others) are base metals. Gold and silver(gold titanium and a few others) are precious metals. Titanium itself is actually a chemical element(still a metal tho :sweat_smile:)

So its really a matter of keeping RL knowledge in mind with some recipes. And as I mentioned before this was brought up before. Want to say early last year(checked it’s been brought up a few times. May and feb last year are two of the times) And iirc it started a debate(more or less) why in game recipes follows RL recipes. Kinda like how the whole concrete, rock, sand recipes had the same debate(people not wanting the combustion and shred)

Also @vdragon said this back in April 2018

(Sorry for the highlight. Tried quoting but wouldn’t let me and forgot to unhighlight before I took screenshot)

It certainly looks like if the recipes state that any base metal or precious alloy is a viable ingredient, the expectation would be that those items should work.

Especially if the art assets themselves exist in game (@Stretchious, I presume you obtained these from the Steam testing branch?), so I’ve added a note to the database about this.

7 Likes

Yes! Please let me build ornate iron doors. :raised_hands::raised_hands: Brought this up to James months ago.

2 Likes

Yup, they were on the test server, obtained via the F9 “give” menu.

4 Likes

I want to give this thread a nudge to bring it back up cause I would really like to be able to craft all the metal doors in all of the metal types.
Just from looking at the plain metal door, it says “any base metal”
I am guessing that the recipe would need to be “any metal” instead, like it is for a metal sign, so that it would accept silver, gold and titanium bars as a valid ingredient for the recipe.

2 Likes

I have a doorless (and a furniture-less) house waiting too xD

2 Likes

Still cannot craft titanium ornate doors?

2 Likes

We also need iron while you’re at it!

New recipe: Plated Ornate Door
Ingredients:

• Any basic metal
  • Any Ornate Door

That and adding titanium to the regular ornate door, and we should have all of the creative-available door options.

1 Like

Not on to try now but I guess still no :blush:

For the remaining doors that cannot be crafted, I have provided a link below that explained the reason in another forum topic:

1 Like

My suggestion of increasing the cost is a direct response to that. I think a lot of people would enjoy a compromise where we get access to more options, even if the cost is higher to counter those xp & prestige concerns.

At worst, ignore me and take the titanium suggestion.

1 Like

Why not simply reduce the XP and Prestige if that is the case? Or, increase the crafting requirements? It seems a bit unfair to me that we, the players, the cash spenders cannot craft these things because of what seems to be an issue of back-end numbers and coding.

1 Like

I don’t want to see those doors removed from Creative. I’d rather they be craftable in Survival so we have ALL tints of ALL Door types available to use.

Its obvious the textures and the models for all types of metal doors and trapdoors are in the game, but because of how tints are chosen (which I’m still not a fan of a singular material deciding the tint when crafting) … I’d rather we get an overhaul of how tints are chosen when crafting, specially when color sprays are a thing, but that doesn’t fix metal tints…

Maybe an additional secondary recipe could be added which allows one to include color sprays in the same recipe to craft, but instead of using that one material for its tint, the tint comes from the color spray instead.

For example, the Workbench is

• 10 Timber
  • 3 Base Metal
  • 1 Ancient Tech Remnant

If I used Stale Cerulean Timber for this recipe, I get a Stale Cerulean Workbench. What if I could add 4 Vivid Moss color sprays to this recipe and instead of a Stale Cerulean Workbench, I would then get a Vivid Moss Workbench?

3 Likes

Thanks for the reply. It is sad to see the items are already designed and made but we cant use them due to xp abuse.

As mentioned by other users, maybe cap the xp one can get out of these doors to be similar to existing doors or make them way more expensive :grin:.

I agree.

All of these items should be craftable.

If they think there’s a possible XP “abuse” scenario, then make them take longer to craft instead of blocking them from the game. Those folks want fast & easy.

There isn’t really a good reason to remove them from Creative worlds, even if we can’t craft them in survival. It’s Creative…they should have access to everything…especially since there is no crossover of inventory. The less nerfs & limits, the better.

6 Likes