CRAZY IDEA : Favorite Badge ❤

And that’s why I agree with you that the implementation of a hybrid system would be good for the game. Remove the capital of the world and put the classifications. All that can be extracted from the game information, but do not include the popularity contest. At least that’s my opinion.

So, basically, where it says “Capital”, you just write “Most Prestigious”, don’t remove the tab entirely, right?
'cause the people who currently have the Capital title wouldn’t be happy to lose it. :stuck_out_tongue:

I will still fight tooth and nails for the “Most Liked”, though.

I would remove the capital of the planet and the viceroy, I would put a tab dedicated to information about the planet. In that tab, the 20 most prestigious beacons would be shown (not the settlements); the 20 beacons with more number of commercial operations carried out, the 20 most visited beacons, larger, with more repeat traffic … for example … or instead of 20, it could be 50, and a page with many tabs. A tab for all the planets that you also discovered … Everything that is possible at the technical level, as it is useful information for us players.

To replace the viceroy, they could give achievements in plan: gold medal for reaching the most prestigious for reaching the top 1, silver to the top 2 … And so for all classifications, for example … Another idea xD

It’s more. May I include this in the brainstorm thread? if you want you can also put the one you like, the idea of ​​the thread, propose ideas, and then it will be the developers who decide in the end, we can simply make suggestions, ideas and opinions.

I would suggest that this should be an entirely new thread.

Sorry, I have not understood. What does this refer to?

You asked to copy the “having a new leaderboard for most visited/most sales/most prestigious instead of the Capital tab” idea in the Brainstorm thread, which is this one, right?
But that would be confusing as it’s another ongoing thread with other ideas.
It would be more redeable if it was it its own thread.

I am confused now … but hey, it doesn’t matter, let’s leave it here.

I’m also confused. :rofl:

Being one of those hippie builder types that more dedicated players here would probably classify as “lazy” for not wanting to mine all of my own stuff… I can 100% promise that I would sell my Favorite Badge to the highest bidder.

I would also accept Decorative Oortstone in place of coins, IN CASE IMPORTANT PEOPLE ARE READING THIS…

2 Likes

How many alts do you have? Have you configured family sharing on your steam account yet?

I have a mud hut that I would like to be the capitol of Raxxa ASAP.

I don’t know how much that would be reliable, though.
One could totally remove his Favorite badge at one point.
I never mentioned that there would be a way to know who gave you a Favorite Badge. In my mind, it would be anonymous by default (unless you come to the person to say “hey, I gave you a fav’!”.
So if you paid someone to fav’ you, if further down the road you lose a fav’, you wouldn’t be able to tell who removed it.
For that, I wouldn’t pay anyone to fav’ me.

I don’t see reason to shift from clear prestige system/building xp system that has metering of time used to game to some voting like one.

1 Like

But you also seem to have gone into this discussion with no malicious intent and a lot of faith in how people would use this system…

To your credit, you must be a pretty nice person, because it seems like maybe you can’t fathom the weirdness/desperation/depravity of some other corners of the Interweb.

… But I can assure you that it’s real. :skull_and_crossbones:

Oh you have no idea how depraved I am. :stuck_out_tongue:

I mean, not in a malicious way. I’m not the kind of person who would grief another player in-game because I lost to him/her during a forum debate (I have had problems with that even before I moved to Raxxa, people who would still to this day pretend I’m a troll, even though they tried to annex me), or because I want to annex the build of that person to absorb its prestige. Anyway, it’s not a good thing to rehash that.

But I do have a lot of faith in the fact that such a system could potentially work better than what we currently have, depending on how it’s implemented.

Sadly, it may have been an error to put the poll “do you like this idea” because (aside from the results being depressing ^^) I don’t think it encourages people to read the full thread where the idea mutates into something different.

Point is, if someone wants to pay someone else for a fav’, honestly, I’d say it will be their loss.
Depending on how the system would be implemented, you could need A LOT of favz’ to win the ‘popularity contest’, and I wonder who can actually afford to pay large sums of coins to everybody who gives them a fav’ while knowing they would have no control over their ability to keep said favz’.

I don’t see what the big deal is personally. Make sure the favorite stuff isn’t really linked to anything and who cares if someone pays for the “like.” I agree anonymous is best.

All these things should be a vanity leaderboard anyway and not linked to key systems.

2 Likes

See? Amateur. Hahaha

I used to have friends in the scamming community in EVE Online (yes, it had its own community), and if you aren’t already familiar with the episode, I’d recommend you read up about the player “Erotica1” and this old stunt known as “The Bonus Room”… Truly one of the darker periods in Interwebz history.

But in regard to this Favorite Badge… It would be a valuable commodity to some people and not to others, and I could definitely see people treating it like a currency over time. Even if they weren’t outright trading it for money and goods in-game, at the very least there would be political concerns as others here have pointed out.

As it stands right now, anyone can try to become the capital of a world if they put in enough effort to do so, and this should remain as is,

What your suggestion will do, is make it impossible for most people to ever become capital of a world even if they put in alot of effort as you are turning it in to a popularity contest.

I am 100% against popularity contests being coded into the game that are then allowed to effect the game in such a way that it can prevent other people from getting something.

100% do not approve.

1 Like

Sorry mate, but really bad idea .

1 Like

Beautiful and popular aren’t necessarily the same.
While I’m not opposed to your suggestions, I do think that this would only really benefit those of us who frequent the forums (plus the hubs and malls) And are well known to others.

What about the recluses who are quietly building sheer masterpieces and not even sharing screen shots on here… I can think of a particular friend who’s place is absolutely unreal and epic and yet I’ve never seen him post a single screen shot of the place or try to get footfall over there.

His ranking shouldn’t be lowered just because he’s not all over the forums…

6 Likes

This is true. As imperfect as the system may be, and as much as some people might debase themselves in pursuit of the goal, it’s still pretty egalitarian by comparison.