CRAZY IDEA : The lever (an entry to Logic Gates)

Alright, I’m not gonna pretend I’m re-inventing the wheel, here.

But imagine an interactive lever prop you place on the ground or on a wall (or on a ceiling, you freak!).
You’d place it the same way as you place a lock.
In fact, it would do the very same thing as an Advanced lock BUT with one plot-twist!
By interacting with it, you could open the door it’s linked to.

But Gob, why would anyone want to do that?!

Usually, a lock is only placed on one side of a door.
This would prevent people from entering from one side of a door, while allowing people to leave from the other side!
People with the proper permissions could still use the door normally, of course, and the door could still get the “Auto-door” effect to close soon after.

• YAY, I want a lever like this!
  • MEH, I don’t care for a lever…
  • NAY, I don’t want a lever like this!

0 voters

I still don’t understand the point…

It’s actually rather simple : you could make mazes and dungeons with that type of systems.
This is the most basic of tech players could ask for, in that context, without asking for an actual huge tech update.

What tech update?

Ok, well, since you asked (and I know I’m the one who asked for you but let’s not dwell on semantics), let’s look at it this way :
A lot of other games with building components I’ve played have Logic Gates.
Fallout 4. Scrap Mechanic. Creativerse.

You can make some insane things with that.
The most primitive of all things would be a door that only opens once all required levers are activated.

Once again, I’m going to drool over things in CV we’re not likely to get in Boundless before 2022 :
They just added a Counter-machine, a Memory-machine, a RNG-machine, a Math-machine and an Inventory Sensor to the list of Logic Gates.
I’m guessing the first one increases a number everytime something linked to the machine happens, the second one would likely put values in cache, while the RNG generates the random number, the Math machines does the required math with two inputs, and the last one checks if a player entering in a set zone has a specific item in his/her inventory.

This allowed a friend of mine to make a working Pong game.

So yeah. I’m… I’m still trying to take that in, while I still can’t make a freaking lever in Boundless.

HOW COULD WE IMPROVE?

Hey, you’re still here!
Well, the way Boundless works, I’m not really seeing Wonderstruck adding wireless connections between a door and a lever (hence the notion of the lever additionally working like an advanced lock).
People would put a lever on the other side of the world, and I’m imagining that the distance between the input-sending device and the input-receiving device being too high would be a server issue.
So maybe the devs could add a new type of cable similar to the Spark-link, which would have a limit of how long it can be, and which would be used to connect an interactive logic-gate-block to whatever you want.
That cable could stick to walls. Maybe it could have a smart-system allowing you to stack several cables in one block, like some kind of smart-stacking system?

2 Likes

I’ve been asking for a tech update since I’ve started playing now. I think that’s the biggest thing this game needs to really give people more freedom. And I feel like using spark and spark links is the perfect way to implement it. I feel like the devs are halfway there already and just need some extra components for logic gates.

PLEASE DEVS. GIVE US THE TECH UPDATE :frowning:

1 Like

even if it was only limited to 1 on/off switch + 1 device (door or light) it would be a huge improvement

2 Likes

omg been a while since ive seen this
thank god for plug and play domotica these days :joy:
i never wonna see a plc again in my life
my last school project was running tiny elevator systems in a miniature high rise whit those

people seem to focus on the titans but seemed to forgot about the promised dungeon creator
if they add that they should add a bunch off tech stuff for it aswell

If logic system would come to game someday. I hope it wouldn’t be build like on minecraft to ground.
Instead of using some inner system like inventory grid to do place components or other some sort of terminal system.

i honestly just want minecraft- style redstone. i’m VERY good at it!

1 Like

Same :frowning: seriously I miss playing with redstone contraptions but everything else about boundless is better. So I’ll hold out hope that it’ll come one day

Just adding this here

Incase someone doesn’t want to press link