Creative Worlds

Odeon mentioned them to you, you didn’t seem to get what he meant so I tried to help out.

1 Like

He said current live universe, which is not correct. I was asking bc I hoped the option was there and I overlooked it.

Wasn’t an option in the form no, indeed perhaps in the future!

This is a good start tho

Nope it was tho…

What is currently on Live? Prototype creative!

1 Like

It is though. The local sandboxes don’t connect to the live universe but the ability to launch them starts there.

All the dude was saying is that there is the option to have a creative world with flat terrain. Not that it’s possible for current testing creative worlds. So like you’re right…but so is he.

2 Likes

Exactly. They aren’t part of it. We’re testing the live Universe. Flat terrain isn’t an option in the live Universe.

Part of testing 246…the new creative worlds on live. The discovery creative worlds were introduced awhile back…they aren’t part of this.

afaik you’re testing the test universe, not the live universe. If these worlds are in the live universe, please let me know.

If you reread his post without the parentheses it says “The current Creative has this option. Default flat terrain.” If you assume he’s talking about what used to be called “Prototype Creative” and is now called “Local Sandbox” he’s completely correct. The parentheses are just showing how to access it. :laughing:

2 Likes

That’s not relevant to this thread :woman_shrugging: . No big deal - it’s just something else.

Flat terrain isn’t an option in the current Creative mode, live on the test servers - which is the subject of this thread. Hence, we’re testing it.

It’s relevant insofar as it’s a direct response to a concern of yours. It’s not even a counterargument to yours, it’s just a statement pointing something out. Like it’s ok to just say “oh yeah, you’re totally right but it’d still be nice to have some tools to help flatten things for these new creative worlds”.

If you truly think this kind of a direct response is inappropriate here then I A.) ask you as a leader to split all of these posts into their own topic and B.) will expect the same treatment to any other thread moving forward that strays even slightly, even in direct replies. :+1:

1 Like

I made a statement that I wished there was a flat terrain option on the Creative worlds that we’re testing.

I didn’t mention the discovery/creative/local worlds that have been around for some time, as no one else had either. He did say current live Creative worlds, so I was simply asking for more info, since I didn’t see the option he was speaking of. That is all. If he was referring to the older creative worlds on the discovery server - nothing wrong with that. I made a creative planet with the discovery server back when they came out and made it flat.

I’m sure they’ll add this to the live Creative planets in the future. No big deal. It looks like the devs were working on different terrains too.

1 Like

But you are aware of what he was talking about now, yes? That he meant the newly christened “local sandbox”/previously named prototype creative that is accessible via the live client? Just want to make sure you got the info you were looking for.

2 Likes

Not sure why you guys keep talking about the old sandbox/discovery server when no one else is. The option for flat terrain to be used on the current creative planets on live testing is not available at this time. No one is asking about options for the sandbox on the discovery server :woman_shrugging:

And that is indeed where it is…

I think you simply misunderstood. Not a big deal tho, all good.

3 Likes

Because you didn’t start the discovery server yet, nor the planet server.

But that is OLD creative, not what we are testing now tho which is what this thread is about.

Exactly. lol That’s exactly what I was saying. I wish we could have a world with flat terrain on the current, live, planets on testing. The planets that everyone can currently access, the kind that will soon be added to the main live universe.

I don’t have any comments/input/questions about the old sandbox ones on the discovery server.

This whole discussion is so messy all you seem to know what this is about: To have option for non-generated/flat planet when ordering creative server :smiley:

1 Like

yep, it’s a great idea! There are some pretty nice flat biomes but the local sandbox completely flat worlds are nice in that they give you total creative control!

2 Likes

Ya know, half of the posts that have been moved here should never have been moved at all @majorvex

And besides that I still really do not understand why anything needed to be moved at all even tho soooo many threads have gone off-topic in way worse ways and those weren’t split off.

If you still felt it needed to be cleaned up, ask the people who wrote them to delete them and/or edit them so they would fit your seal of approval…

These posts were mucking up the dev thread, so they were moved.

Feel free to send me a PM anytime.

This thread has run it’s course.