Cubits or other reward for unplanned maintenance/downtime

If the intent behind the “reward” is because of the “downtime” experienced then I can completely understand the mindset behind the reasoning. I just feel the “solution” of a reward isn’t a good one.

I would say the better solution (if this is a trend) is to develop more in-line patching infrastructure and games. I don’t think it is a smart approach to tie the concept of a “reward” to these things. People should see the content and what the patch does as the reward.

Instead we need to shift the discussion toward the issue of the - downtime.

I have only experienced one time when on Boundless when servers were long unavailable and it was when EA universe got offline and launch server got online. All other maintenance times have been really quick done compared to mmo games that I have been playing in past.

So by this far I haven’t seen offline time where would have been any reason to compensate players.

4 Likes

Some games have a downtime, because of how risky a live fix can be.
(Larger games can do it, because they have a lot of servers, employees, and they time their maintenance. If there is an update most games go offline anyways, because there’s so much happening in the background.)

Plus so far, I don’t feel the need to be compensated for “downtime” or offline time.

3 Likes

I understand your drift and agree, but even tho we are a small community it’s not like it’s a must but indeed it’s not like we should get rewarded I enjoy the game every-day for many hours with problems or without, u ever see me complain? Nah I know that they work hard to keep the game running as it should but take for example the downtime of the worlds yesterday that caused some to get frustrated I feel those are the times the devs should sooth the pain because last thing u want is people run away and with the current generation and the year 2019 games and the developers cannot keep up, at some point u are out of ideas out of players even, but I stil feel that something needs to be done to the times a patch or maintenance was not intended

Yeah I can see that point for sure. I’m not sure what the answer is or what that would look like.

You shouldn’t have to be reimbursed every time they discover something wrong and release a fix. I do admit the worlds being offline was pretty bad, but they shouldn’t have to give us something for it.

3 Likes

I agree with most here… some kind of compensation is totally valid if this was a subscription game… but it’s not.

3 Likes

They or us? Has there been a sort apology for that issues if so please give me the topic directions but this is not about what has happened but to be more future proof

Just because a game has no subscription to it does not mean the players should not get compensated its not like the world’s are divided into 2 sections, free players and club players. Either way non paying or paying should get the same type of compensation. Where do I signup for the subscription for the problem less gameplay?

I don’t see why you need an apology for a fix. They have probably apologized on their twitter before.
And here are the notes on the hotfix:

1 Like

What are you on about? If a game is subscription based that doesn’t mean it never has problems…

1 Like

A nice gesture comes a long way maybe I’m to old school for that

Players need reimbursement if something happens to things tied to real money, or something huge.

This game does have a subscription of some sort, but it seems to be mainly only for beacon fuel (am I wrong?).

4 Likes

That’s my point u say that we should not get any compensation because we have no subscription that’s what you are telling me right?

Alright then get compensated with a few days of extra beacon time

I don’t think that’s necessary

3 Likes

“I don’t” this is why games fail it’s not about what I want it’s about what’s best for the community as a whole (this is not an attack just my point of view )

It would be nice to receive “free stuff”, but I really just don’t see the point. As of right now, it just seems like a gimme

1 Like

Example acknowledgement from Boundless twitter, on a fix that happened today @HOST

2 Likes

Why don’t you see the point as of right now?