Cubits or other reward for unplanned maintenance/downtime

This. If it is down when I’m on, well, I’ll try to come online and give them a thank you for their hard work in improving a game that brings me a lot of happiness, and my compensation is to have some time to give to some other neglected game in my backlog. :wink:

4 Likes

Not everyone has Twitter (I do so I will follow)
Thanks

1 Like

I don’t see the point right now, because it is a fix, and for every fix you shouldn’t have to receive “something”. All games have fixes, but they don’t need to compensate for them.

In this game things that are tied to money are cubits, and gleam club. So far I don’t see a need for them to give us cubits, or free gleam club.

3 Likes

If this game was on a subscription basis where unscheduled down time literally cost the user money, you might have a solid argument. But in a game that is already fully paid for upfront, and every patch gives added value, this is absolutely not needed. The fixed bugs and added content is the reward for the maintenance. Asking for more than that sounds like unjustified entitlement to me.

7 Likes

Not everytime no not every planned patch or maintenance maybe that’s what people think this is about but it’s not, it’s being compensated for randon patches fixed and downtime ofcourse games have patches and fixes and maintenance times, if u reward for each time a patch is released or a maintenance is scheduled people start to expect rewards, and this is not what this is about

We shouldn’t get anything for unplanned fixes either. All games have unplanned fixes too, they just try to do it as fast as possible while retaining safety, and keep an eye on any problems.

4 Likes

Nice gestures are usually thrown in the your face around here. There isn’t a southern grace in this forum and since the common game development teams have never given anything for downtime it might be a hard perception to change.

Kind of like the fight around the word exploit. It usually doesn’t end well on this forum.

1 Like

Thanks for your input but my view is different

Unfortunately …

Can you please explain where the “apology” is in these posts? I seem to be missing it.

It says “Thanks for your patience” I saw an apology from a previous one, let me add that.

This one exclusively apologizes for downtime

It appears there’s an apology for an issue too

1 Like

I am not trying to start a fight but the above is not really an apology.

The other ones were obviously. In fairness, though, this development team has more than acknowledged publicly when they fumbled the ball. I don’t think we should expect more than that from them.

As for “unscheduled” stuff, if it starts to happen often, then maybe we need some conversation around “reward”. Usually, though, the team here provides good releases. People do need to be patient and understanding that some of this code is complex and things will go in bad. I personally think we have to look at the bigger picture - are mistakes often or not. We are usually stable here.

1 Like

It was the most recent acknowledgement and thanks, so I added it to the apologies.

2 Likes

In a subscription game it would make sense; “I payed for time so ‘reward’ me for downtime.”

In a once off purchase game, would the opposite be justifiable? “You payed for the game, now ‘reward’ us for giving you more game.”?

2 Likes

I don’t think we need to be compensated for down time. Personally, I absolutely think it’s worth it to take the system down to fix issues. I’ve played other MMO’s that don’t do that and it makes a huge difference.

5 Likes

I am just going to say it how it is.

This sounds like self-entitlement to me, The game needs to be updated when there are problems with it that need to be fixed, The fact they are fixing the problem should be good enough , Or would you rather have a broken and buggy game that doesn’t get fixed until the next planed patch?

from my own previous gaming experience when some sort of compensation was given, it was typically due to something a bit more extreme, and it was typically a choice the company made on their own, Trying to take the good will of another company’s actions and then saying this needs to be the norm, sounds a bit like self-entitlement to me.

Requesting for compensation is not really how it should work, and the moment people start requesting it is the moment such thing should never happen. unless there are valid legal reasons to do so.

8 Likes

Downtime in boundless is relatively short compared to other games. I’d rather they take the game down for 20 mins to an hour than to sit with bugs for 2 weeks until their scheduled maintenance, which we don’t have like some games do. I can’t see giving out a reward for this type of thing. Best to have a backup game you can play in between. For me it’s borderlands 2 right now :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Trying to figure out exactly how I’ll work in 3 next month, with my Boundless addiction, plus NMS in there too… maybe we need more downtime, or I could always be naughty and earn a suspension I suppose… :rofl:

1 Like

Im new to borderlands but i’m hooked now lol. I’ll be getting 3 for sure. But you’re right. Sometimes i’m happy boundless is down because i’d never get anything else done lol

1 Like

I actually prefer the first and the pre-sequel to 2… I’ve been getting in a TINY bit of time with the remaster of the first here and there, not much though. Nothing quite like playing an OP’ed Lilith. :grin:

1 Like