Cubits or other reward for unplanned maintenance/downtime

Rather than cubits… make us NEW decorations!!! Furniture, statues, npc’s, animals, new planets, dungeons (player made), etc

So today’s downtime: send us each a Couch!!

1 Like

I too am old but I think we went to a different school :stuck_out_tongue:

Wow used to (still does?) have long long periods of regularly maintenance downtime and also occasionally the odd outage for which accounts had an extra day or something thrown at them…but then wow charges a monthly subscription and so they certainly should throw a sorry box our way.
Boundless doesn’t have a monthly subscription and downtimes are miniscule compared to the bigger mmos.

I do appreciate a swift bug fix and really appreciate a content update…that is reward enough.

3 Likes

If you’re that old school, you would be entering the data for updates manually, transcribing the 1’s and 0’s from a paper magazine on your own time. And you would thank the developers (even pay them!) For the opportunity to do so!

(Sarcasm, in case it was not obvious)

1 Like

You know what the reward is for unscheduled downtime? You get a problem fixed. That’s your reward. Unless the game goes down for days they don’t owe us anything.

The boundless dev team have been involved in the community since day one. More than most games you’ll ever play. That’s our reward.

5 Likes

I dont think we need rewards for downtime. To me that comes with the territory. This is a live game with live updates. Technology can have problems, that is no ones fault it just happens. I’d rather they work on what’s important like content and getting servers back up, instead of pampering the community for something that is obtainable already by leveling in game.

4 Likes

I get what you’re saying. I’ve experienced this is almost every game I’ve played.

However, we haven’t had a long enough downtime or rollback yet to warrant any reimbursement imo. The devs seem to try to fix things asap.

1 Like

used to spend my hard earned pocket money on pc mag and enter the Basic game programs into my C64…had a few games on tape but there was something about tapping it all in early on a sunday morning and then have it all come to life.
Now exiting nostalgia rabbit hole…

4 Likes

(Sorry OP, off-topic) Omg, I remember when our mom would take us to Blockbuster or Walmart to get the latest gaming or PC mag…couldn’t wait to see all the new game walk-thrus, tips, new hardware, etc.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, gotta love the old pre-GameFAQs and the like days, where we relied on that stuff! :grin: Sort of mentioned in another thread, but the getting through some of the old graphic adventure games without a walkthrough to turn to… heh (dons old lady gamer hat and waves umbrella around in the air) would like to see some of the youngsters today rage at what we went through back then… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Oh man I loved reading game manuals when I’d come home from school, bonus if they had maps or secret game demos :heart:

2 Likes

Now THAT is something I miss… some of the beautiful game manuals in the old days… :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I remember one game, I think it was Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego, actually coming with an encyclopedia!

1 Like

I understand that time is money in the business world but come on xD. Those devs are the sweetest in terms of accepting suggestions, developing the game, etc etc etc. I dont remember any issue that they didnt fix quickly. Even back in the alpha when an update caused items to disappear from machines, they gave us back the stuff (although it was an alpha that anyway was going to end soon). I think that mistakes do happen and they owe us nothing for unplanned downtime.

Hell, people sometimes dont even ask for compensation from devs who launch incomplete games (because they have no way to).

As others have said, premium currency isnt usually handed out to people. This is not to mention that it is already easy to get cubits in this game. I am a living proof of that xD.

Edit: This is not an attack on OP or anything against suggestions. Just personal opinion :grin::grin::grin:

3 Likes

As far as I’m concerned, we are being rewarded by having a good game that is being updated and maintained. Let’s not take things for granted here.

When you buy the game, you are buying the ability to play their game. Yes, the player base is important as it keeps the game running, but this is also a business that is based on selling cubits just as much as it is selling the initial copy of the game. Would you rather have a good game from them being able to keep afloat through selling cubits or do you want free cubits at the expense of less development due to them not being able to afford it as much?

4 Likes

I don’t want rewarded for someone else doing their job. The downtime does not interfere with my game play so much that I feel my patience should be rewarded. I want fixes and patches and updates! The Dev’s are doing their bit when they fix something that has broken. Why should we receive a reward for that? :thinking: You can call it a “reward” if you wish, but we know that technically it’s compensation you mean. Otherwise, why a reward?

1 Like

it’s pretty normal practice to stop the clock for all kind of premium/subscription time when the servers are down - wouldn’t mind that being implemented here

2 Likes

Thanks everyone for their input and personal thoughts!

1 Like