Cubits to coins

So lets face it, the majority of us agree that keeping “pay-to-win” out of the game is a very good thing. I’ve hit a wall though.

I have 5 characters, and 4 see pretty regular usage. They all have custom paints and headwear. They all have an abundance of plots. Now, I have 10k+ cubits on several alts, and feel like theres nothing to spend it on!

I have a large area that I’m working on detailing and upgrading, so I don’t want to just lay plots for the sake of doing it. I always need coin though, for said upgrades.

I wish I could use my cubits to buy coin!!! Before I get blasted, I fully understand the economic repercussions of this. So I would love to see SOME kind of cool new thing to spend my cubits on, or let me just convert them to coin…

That said, I know none of that will probably happen, so I’d like to maybe discuss ways I could generate coin using plots, or another way to utilize them…not trying to build a footfall trap or the like, as I’m already knee deep in stuff at the homestead :upside_down_face: Any thoughts welcome :grin:

3 Likes

Maybe they could add a cubit voucher item to trade/sell. If I could trade coins for plots, I would do it.

5 Likes

Great idea! I thought about a way to do it in-game with what we have, but it all comes down to trust and rights.

If you wanted to do a build that was 1000 plots, and I said, “Ok. I’ll plot it out and set ur perms for 2 mil coin, them walk away”, thats all good and great. I still retain footfall rights tho, and ultimately need to maintain GC or fuel, and I get the prestige too. I’m just not sure people would buy in with all those risks/issues…

2 Likes

I’ll take all 10k plots please boop
I’ll split them with Georgio-chan @georgegroeg we always out of plots lol

2 Likes

the toons have 10k cubits, not plots :pensive: I wish I had plots like that, lol. And the price was just for example, I believe the cost would actually be much higher based on cubits/plots ratio…

2 Likes

If i could gift the current cubits i have i would. To both :wink:

That said rather have more cosmetics (new like clothes).
Than the ability to sell cubits for coin… (either way).
Why you might ask as it currently is there are easy ways of gaining coin…
That the “old” players are lazy to do this (me included) is a different story.

My main concern is that if we have the ability to sell for coin that it eliminates the “grind” even more because newer players will then take easy way out from the start.
(Can result in even more confusion on “how to play”)
And apart from that it would probably destroy the market…

Just my opinion, just think more stuff needs to be added to the cubit shop. Maybe pets or mounts… just other things to spend cubits on…

3 Likes

there are players with cubits in the 100k+ range…

3 Likes

am i the only one with to many plots? :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I have 18,121 plots and I have 1 plot available uggghhh the agony :laughing:

2 Likes

I see ill have to by cubits then… probably am at (all combined) 12k plots (yes 4k not placed) and 40k cubits that makes about 13k plots…:joy::rofl::joy:

2 Likes

I also play Neverwinter and they have something called the ZAX, Zen to Astral Diamond Exchange. Its a player run exchange where you can buy zen (cubits) from another player for AD (coin), or sell your zen for in game AD. It follows the player based market we have here…

1 Like

Yea I’m about to again :laughing: james-chan should give oortian keys for how much we put for plots already :laughing:

2 Likes

So there is a slight discount if you buy more cubits, buts lets use the $20 US coffer as an example. That buys me 2400 cubits, which is 80 plots even. Thats $0.25 per plot. Anyone daring enough to make a stab at what that might be worth in coin?

2 Likes

Plots for coins I could get behind. Coins for plots opens some scarier doors. Including an imbalance in this:

Last I heard the ‘going rate’ was USD20 / 1m coins. 1m / 80 ($0.25) = 12500 c per $0.25 if I’ve done this correctly.

Also I’ve no idea if that group are still selling coins.

1 Like

Thats actually a really fair number…100 plots for 1.25 mil…

Offering an in-game exchange is one of the best ways to reduce the value of out-of-game exchanges like you’re talking about, which is both safer and more fair.

2 Likes

Not to mention, a TRUE exchange of plots for coin would enable the buyer to assume both prestige, and footfall. Part of the reason I really probably won’t dabble in a black-market exchange. Too many opportunities for drama/issues…
So yes, a true exchange would be awesone!

1 Like

Yeah an in-game exchange would be nice. It would have some interesting changes to our economy I’m sure as it would be most likely to define an official developer endorsed cash value on our C.

Optionally they could create an actual exchange where players can put plots with bid/ask prices and etc…

Either way would reduce the effect of pushing players to outside markets. But it would also reinforce those markets, probably, by setting either an “official” exchange rate, or a visible market price.

Honestly, I’m not against the idea. Especially if there was an actual exchange where you could put an ask price to your spare plots.

So, a thousand levels gets you basically to 300k cubits. A little over that, since they come faster at first.

2 Likes

Would we want to see plots exchanged for coin, or cubits? :thinking: Or leave plots out and just go coins to cubits?

Hmmm after a few minutes thoughts, it would be much better overall to just go whole hog and set it up for cubits/coins.

As some others have noted, premium/earnable type exchanges are an increasingly common mechanic and they seem to be popular.

Also this (coins/cubits) cuts heavily and directly into any black markets, where coins for plots is all earnable in game and doesn’t necessarily cover the entire market for buying game currency.

2 Likes