Cubits to coins

there are players with cubits in the 100k+ range…

3 Likes

am i the only one with to many plots? :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I have 18,121 plots and I have 1 plot available uggghhh the agony :laughing:

2 Likes

I see ill have to by cubits then… probably am at (all combined) 12k plots (yes 4k not placed) and 40k cubits that makes about 13k plots…:joy::rofl::joy:

2 Likes

I also play Neverwinter and they have something called the ZAX, Zen to Astral Diamond Exchange. Its a player run exchange where you can buy zen (cubits) from another player for AD (coin), or sell your zen for in game AD. It follows the player based market we have here…

1 Like

Yea I’m about to again :laughing: james-chan should give oortian keys for how much we put for plots already :laughing:

2 Likes

So there is a slight discount if you buy more cubits, buts lets use the $20 US coffer as an example. That buys me 2400 cubits, which is 80 plots even. Thats $0.25 per plot. Anyone daring enough to make a stab at what that might be worth in coin?

2 Likes

Plots for coins I could get behind. Coins for plots opens some scarier doors. Including an imbalance in this:

Last I heard the ‘going rate’ was USD20 / 1m coins. 1m / 80 ($0.25) = 12500 c per $0.25 if I’ve done this correctly.

Also I’ve no idea if that group are still selling coins.

1 Like

Thats actually a really fair number…100 plots for 1.25 mil…

Offering an in-game exchange is one of the best ways to reduce the value of out-of-game exchanges like you’re talking about, which is both safer and more fair.

2 Likes

Not to mention, a TRUE exchange of plots for coin would enable the buyer to assume both prestige, and footfall. Part of the reason I really probably won’t dabble in a black-market exchange. Too many opportunities for drama/issues…
So yes, a true exchange would be awesone!

1 Like

Yeah an in-game exchange would be nice. It would have some interesting changes to our economy I’m sure as it would be most likely to define an official developer endorsed cash value on our C.

Optionally they could create an actual exchange where players can put plots with bid/ask prices and etc…

Either way would reduce the effect of pushing players to outside markets. But it would also reinforce those markets, probably, by setting either an “official” exchange rate, or a visible market price.

Honestly, I’m not against the idea. Especially if there was an actual exchange where you could put an ask price to your spare plots.

So, a thousand levels gets you basically to 300k cubits. A little over that, since they come faster at first.

2 Likes

Would we want to see plots exchanged for coin, or cubits? :thinking: Or leave plots out and just go coins to cubits?

Hmmm after a few minutes thoughts, it would be much better overall to just go whole hog and set it up for cubits/coins.

As some others have noted, premium/earnable type exchanges are an increasingly common mechanic and they seem to be popular.

Also this (coins/cubits) cuts heavily and directly into any black markets, where coins for plots is all earnable in game and doesn’t necessarily cover the entire market for buying game currency.

2 Likes

I wholeheartedly agree :+1:

1 Like

Well I would assume over time cubits will be used for other aspects in the game beyond what we have now as features come online. I’m not on board with any coin purchase though. We need to revamp coin earning anyway and fix the economy model.

At the moment I have accumulated around 40,000 Cubits, they won’t be enough. I think it would also be good if you could buy coins for cubits or coins for real money. Yes it would be pay to win, but we have had that for a long time with the sovereign planets, in my opinion, so there can still be more pay to win.

(O.O) like what a :pig: Costume or or or Sqeeky hammers that what me want boop (^-^)

3 Likes

@Balkinus @RobZadouch @Tmmk

Some players, like @catfud have reached level 9000. That’s 2,694,000 cubits. Imagine what you could do with that…

2 Likes

Yes precisely. Don’t mind how the cubits gain is atm but the ability to “trade in” cubits for coin it would break the market.

That said if it where only able to go with bought cubits I don’t really see an issue.
That would also mean cubits have to be split up as gained and bought…
Think also then once you pay coin for these “bought cubits” the become “gained cubits” and cant be sold again.

I can’t stress this enough im against the trading of “gained” cubits… supply and demand for shops are already “meh”
Adding that would completely destroy the economy in game…

also generate the complaints again and more often of resources jumping up in price again because peeps keep buying all up and reselling it for more —its far more easier to do when it just cost you some time and pies at the beginning—