Current monetary values of mining / mining ⛏ profession

So the last few days I took what I would consider cheaply 3x3 hammers out mining to get a ‘real feel’ for what values in product they are bringing in currently since it has been a long time since I ‘played strictly as a miner’.

I wasn’t paying attention to how many hammers I used. I think it was 2 but it could have been 4. Later this week when I have time I’m going to be a bit more thorough on it if I get the chance. I’m pretty sure this was based off 2 hammers only though.

My target spot was a tier 6 planet. I went after gems but I did not ignore fossils, tech, ore, etc.
I had about 2k gems, 7k iron ore, 2k copper, then a stack or so of large fossils + other smaller fossils + 1.5 stacks of tech as well as mineral fragments(sulfur etc).

I ran around and priced what the hammers I used might be bought for. Was surprised to see the range in prices. If I were to sell the kinds I used I’d price them around 5k and I saw many shops selling them at that price but there were quite a few as high as 15k and a smattering in between of 7-10k. The location that had 5k priced has about 30 of them so I’m using that as my baseline value here.

So for best case cost of 10k (and worst case of 30k) this is what I made after running around to baskets this morning. Most gems sell to request baskets for 30c though rarer ones are bought at 90-130 so factor this accordingly. So many baskets buying iron ore at 4-6c and when you have 5-7k iron that tallies up fast.

After you get established as a miner you can invest in extractor machines and coils to extract essence from large fossils. This sells well also or you can choose to mint it. The extraction requires more investment but you can do this after your first few mining trips of selling all the ore and the gems.

All said and done this is what my expenses were:

2 - 5k hammers for a cost of 10k (worst case scenario they cost 30k at the expensive shop’s’)

2 persist pies @ 300 each for a total of 600

10 brews for a total cost of 2500

So it cost me 13,100 credits to go mining and my gross profit overall was 134k. That’s a rough net profit of 121k for the time length of basically 2 pies.

The key here is knowing where to sell to. Before you decide to go mining to make money, familiarize yourself with shops that buy large quantities of items. Go to your location tab to bookmark those shops so you can easily find them. Create a location token so you can warp there making it hassle free.

Mining may not make as much money as it ever did when gems sold for 500 and hammers cost 50k but the biggest barrier I repeatedly see is people just not knowing how and where to find places to sell to.

(It might be a wise idea if sell baskets had portals directly to them that said ‘SELL HERE’ instead of a cute shop name as things are just simply hard to navigate right now)

Edit: >Malk for diamonds and coal and titanium, mine in bright yellow hotspots from 0 - 25 or so. Houchus for sapphire, tech, iron, and fossils - i think from 80-150? I stick between 90-120 (it depends on the mountain you are mining if you should go up or down). I go to Altinans for silver/large fossils. I do not have any specific spot I go to. Bounce around until I find a hotspot that hasn’t been mined yet. Sometimes this is hard.

2 Likes

I buy gems I got over million in buy stands and I don’t get anyone selling…It’s easier just to get myself

Where at? A lot of the gem shops I had book markers are closed/ or have empty request baskets. it took me some time find the two shops I sold with large request quantities. (as stated the ones I used to use for selling to had empty request baskets)

I haven’t needed to ‘sell’ for a long time so decided to give it a whirl to see what it was like first hand. Finding where to sell things sucks until you find one. then you bookmark it and hope it doesnt close lol

like you, I tend to just do things for myself as I know I’m reliable to get what I need done ;p

I buy all metals, coal, and fossils (plus a few other things like orbs and what not) and i refill baskets daily. Been doing so for a long, long time. Id happily buy all you can mine :smiley:

5 Likes

I dumped my iron on you actually after my 3 bookmarks were closed lol

1 Like

I think mining is great money earner. 1 persisting pie . 1 hammer 6 speed brews…U will get 1 full stack of diamonds worth 45k 2 full stacks topaz or sapphire worth 63k and so on…outlay 10k…It’s easy to make money if u really want

2 Likes

Aah thanks thanks thanks thats awesome. I am always short on iron xD.

1 Like

100% agree. I think the biggest issue is finding where to sell to. Personally, I think shop owners should start setting up ‘buy only’ shops (even if its just a different half of their shop and dedicate a portal to that side) and label their ports as such as to make it easier for newbies to find where shops actively buying are at. I cant tell you how many ports I ran by with cool names but then I went in and they weren’t buying anything, only selling.

2 Likes

I got stands now in dirty mayo. At hunt Hive. Also another one at ps gyosha you will find several shops buying and selling…also baskets in tower of power for other stuff

2 Likes

Interesting! of those 3 places you listed, I’ve only ever been to the PS Gyosha area. I don’t even know where Hunt Hive or Dirty Mayo are, I don’t think (I may but just don’t recall) I’ll be sure to keep an eye out as I use the PS Gyosha shop portals often.

So you take me, someone who knows a good deal about the game and what and how to look for things (and I still don’t visit a large majority of the shops out there because I stop looking once I find what I need)

and then you compare that to a new person who can get over whelmed and spends a large amount of time trying to find someone where to sell their loot at. That’s frustrating, and then they think their mining profession is worthless and pays nothing. Most of them don’t visit the forums. The ones that do, hopefully they see posts like this (and others) and it helps them know it does pay well and how to learn to navigate the complex portal and shop system. (hell so many vets have this problem as well)

I want this post to serve as a notice to any newbies that take up mining to realize it can make you good money, but the biggest thing BEFORE YOU GO MINING!! Source your shops to sell to (if anyone read that long winded OP tried to make sure that was the last thing they read so it stuck in their head). It needs to be part of everyone’s mining process as well. You can’t just go out an expect to walk in to a random shop and assume they are going to buy what you’re selling.

Lately I’ve been bookmarking just the BUYING ITEMS shops and handing out their location tokens to someone I see in chat asking questions about where to go to buy/sell things. I’ve seen a few shouts over the last week asking about that sort of thing.

Good info. :slight_smile: Mining is how I got my foothold in the game financially, my favorite way to earn coin, zoning out with it and selling the stuff I get. I sometimes sell to baskets, particularly at The Golden Fist for mining stuff, but if you set up shop stands and sell cheap enough like I do, it goes quickly, might take awhile and some advertising for people to find you of course.

Very good profit margin from buying Aenea’s 2399c 3x3 titanium hammers and hitting Serp (or any T5 I guess, but I like Serp) if a person wants to go on a budget.

Also, a good mining binge on a T7 exo can set you for quite awhile.

1 Like

Well ps gyosha on the outside rung has now been taken over and we have shops everywhere there now and it looks awesome the hobbit portals are there and a portal to Ultima gyosha.its really coming along and great building effort mainly from goergio…and if newbies want I will show the best location to get gems quick also…dirty mayo shop is in tower of power area…which gyosha ps has a portal too. It’s right up top in one of those big crosses. You really cannot miss them

Actually macrib is the best for diamonds you can get full stack with one persisting pie…so I guess about 40 minutes…do u have a shop selling gems.if so where is it for when I feel to lazy to mine

1 Like

Last time I was the E.N.D shop in gyosha mall had over 1k persisting pies at 216c course that was a while ago so they may be sold out. It’s around my shop which is store #86

1 Like

I actually have some exotic ores left over just a few though. I just find anywhere to sell them

1 Like

It is thicker in diamonds in the hotspots, but Serp has some HUGE hotspots that have little to no lava - one area in particular I can mindlessly go nuts in with no worries. Plus, Malu has some big areas of hotspot that are boxed off, most of the ones I know about that aren’t are much smaller than Serp’s. And being a T5 you can go pretty quick on Serp. I still do hit Malu sometimes though. :slight_smile:

Edit: Yep, I have two stands selling right now - Elysian Fields on Alder and Paka’s Place on Gyosha, both accessible from TNT. Diamonds - 45c, Rubies - 50c, Sapphire and Topaz - 35c, Amethyst - 55c, Emerald - 65c. Elysian Fields I will stop stocking and close the TNT portal to within a week or so though, the other will be the place to go after that.

3 Likes

Where are you located?

1 Like

Will PM you details.

Sweet be prepared to be sold out…after work that is😁

1 Like

Also thanks for that advice I might have give ir a go agian it’s been so long mining in serp

1 Like