Current monetary values of mining / mining ⛏ profession

I have shop called the death penalty actually all my shops are going through name changes to be the same…anyway I have one in the naughty mall yellow section…and one at ps hub bottom floor…not all shops there are mine but goergio has made a huge effort to really get that ps hub looking awesome and there are a number of different shops there and other buy stands to get people money. Would encourage other players to build shops there and grow a friendly community…I know I have plots around that be happy to Give for like minded friends…

2 Likes

Gyosha ps hub that is

A good hammer should sell for whatever the maker says it’s selling for, it shouldn’t be insulting to buy hammers that the shopkeeper put on sale and priced as they felt appropriate.

1 Like

Probably good to point out that we have a small economy here.

Like any commodities market - just a few people who don’t craft or consume these items grinding mass inventories and selling to whatever baskets they can find will drive prices down pretty fast.

There are some solid buyers but honestly anyone can only take so much if there’s not a follow on market for the end products. Even when the game was a bit more active, this happened pretty fast. And while people are quick to push down prices, they don’t come back up without struggle.

There’s a whole rant I posted on here a few months ago about ways in which request baskets hurt the game. I can’t find it, or even the thread it was in. It’s worth pointing out that once you have excess coin it’s far preferable to open a shop and stop flooding baskets.

IDK how to put that without sounding dour but, I think it’s worth saying. Flame on if you need to, I guess.

1 Like

Yes I agree but I don’t at same time…I don’t buy to cheap hammers anymore because I realize the Forge process… I don’t think they should be cheaper. But saying that most 5 k hammers are not worth it normally ranked under 300 and not enough to one shot without a strength brew…But I guess it’s a individual thing…example…not hammers I know…I used to sell advance power coils at 1299 let’s be honest that’s a fair price for what u got to collect and to make. But because of people selling them at 800 to 900 I found it’s not worth the time…so I don’t make anymore…that’s how I feel with Forge gear…so I like supporting a fair price or we will see the same thing…hard to find a decent supply and shops giving up or quitting…only thoughts…not attacking

Yea, its whole reason I quit selling and just started hording and then finally building my own things (i’ve got 120 or so new adv extractor coils cooking right now, and will probably set up another 120 when I go mine some more silver). The one thing I like to do is mass gather. I used to sell it to builders and forgers thinking this helped them but since I build my own forges I had no need to buy from them so then I just started stock piling my own stuff.

As has been said many times by many people, slightest bump/nudge in this economy has a huge impact overall. It’s why the chrysominter is good to have. I can dump my excess mats in to it instead of in to an already saturated economy.

This is a major point. There is almost no way at present to make back the 200k that people want to get from baskets by selling stuff… An economy can’t be stable when 9k-11k coin goes in and you expect to get 200k out.

I am not confident that footfall and dailies as the only source of money will suffice if people want this to continue; how to remedy it before coin dries up I’m not certain - but remember that a large chunk of the coin floating around, especially from footfall, goes towards shards for portals… This means that either resource or oort prices will have to drop if larger hubs are to continue.

*edit - minting essence is the thread we hang by at the moment…

2 Likes

Another good point many of us have been trying to make for a while.

1 Like

Yeah stuff I’m not using or find worth stacking goes in shop stands somewhere now. Not usually at bargain basement prices. Even with the flood of sap I’ve been moving, it’s going off of shopstands (which means primarily to people who are looking to consume it) and I have no need to push prices down just to feel like I’m making volume.

I’m buying more and more stuff too. A combination of burnout (a little) and knowing that from experience that I can flood baskets enough that the bottom will fall out of a market. There are plenty of OTC buyers for things too if you network a little.

This sort of thing gets people over a hump. But it’s not sustainable. If there’s too much commodity hitting the market, the market will equalize.

There’s some adjustment, I don’t deal with quirked tools any more. I have a primary forger and I stick with them as long as they have playtime to support me. etc … I don’t have to do anything for coin so I’m idling a lot more. But I’ve found building to be drudgery and have a personal point where I’m just not willing to sell my time any cheaper, even if it is all relative in a closed economy like this.

So, the hoard grows, and still the coins stack up.

They are not. There’s an endless supply of coins in the game now. And simple, published techniques on how to multiply your coin directly if you aren’t turning over enough resource with your other activities. I’m “guilty” of publishing quite a bit on that myself.

To a certain extent it doesn’t matter if coins are endless, there are certain knee-jerk reactions that still go on based in emotion and habits formed in our “Real” economy.

If someone is paying 40c for topaz (is it really pushed down to 30 already?) and their basket is filled twice a week, they’re eventually going to say “WTF” and fill it up with a lesser buy price. And the cycle continues.

2 Likes

Mint gleam doors that works also

1 Like

It sure does. Here’s a ramble on gleam minting from before coils were common.

Long story short, you can buy top tier tools and buffs, smash up a gleam ball, and profit. Coils add more profit. Refiners add more profit. And exp, and cubits.

Also true for wood and rock I think - with regards to crafting doors and minting them. More cubits, more coins.

1 Like

Lol…I make stone doors out of all the rock too from mining.it all adds up in every aspect .

1 Like

Prices should theoretically adjust, if people are willing to sell topaz for 30c, baskets will adjust to 29c and the price will fall until gatherers deem it’s too low and not gather anymore. Then the buyer will have to increase the price to get more volume. Really interested in seeing what really happens when it’s easier to find the baskets/shop stands. Currently the market prices sputter a bit with the discovery problem.

2 Likes

Right, I get the basic theory.

As you say there’s a discovery problem, and also this isn’t much of an economy. I defend it all the time and try and tell people it isn’t entirely broken, which is true, but it’s also really a micro-economy.

I guess the best way to sum up my point might be with a comment I made earlier in a PM which is:

If even 15 or 20 people try to hop on the same money train, at the same time, it’s going to crash real fast.

Most people in my experience are going to go after personal profitability before economic stability. I’m not saying it’s wrong, I’m just saying it’s normal way of things. Luckily some of our more avid merchant/players are pretty responsible in this way but they still need to make turnover too.

I’m also hoping for some sort of shop index as it will help to stabilize things. Some items may have a ways to go down and I don’t mind that too much either, as long as the market stays relative. I do get tired of things like having 45k in a basket for bones at 1.5c, and it sits for weeks while I’m forced to go shop for them and buying then at 1c - all the while people complaining at the forum that they “can’t make any coins”.

Ha it’s late here I’m not sure how much sense that all makes written out like that. I’m not trying to say that people shouldn’t be out there working it for some coin. I’m just trying to point out that if a lot of people start mining up loads like that and bringing them all to market on the same day, it’s not going to play out like this for all of them.

2 Likes

Oh for sure if there’s more supply than demand the price goes down. I’m still confident resources will find a price point where the supply goes down tho. Even if micro, it should still behave like any other economic system.

i don t know but i buy my Fossils for high price and sell the essence for a little less then the minter would give me , because i want to have the miners payed well for their work and give the SEBA and Marble makers the chance to get it for a good and stable price.
I have with the coast of coal included a mini profit from that i buy my repair hammers ( i don t know whats the correct name in english ) and normal hammers to mine my self a little bit. thats all.
It doesn t make me rich but this is not the reasen for me to do it like i do , its because to be a part of the community and everybody can enjoy it.

1 Like

I already had too decrease my buying price due to miners only selling topaz. I think I just bought over 5000 topaz …thanks all but now I have to slow it down until I sell topaz weapons and tools

Everyone tells me topaz is insane yield but to date I still can’t find a spawn that gives me the same yields I can get on sapphire.

I’ll try to stop by your shop tonight if I have time and see what you have! I have 100+ dura diamond hammers in my vault but I just ran out of speed hammers :crazy_face: and too lazy to make more vigor catalyst :laughing:

I don’t sell any Forge gear…I am same as u I actually find sapphire better yield and I mine alot in the past. Both very similar but I find topaz is to spread out compared to sapphire…I think they see the yellow on the atlas and get excited…not realizing it’s yellow because of the different platforms…

Agreed the vertical spread on topaz makes it a lot harder for me to load up on than sapphire.

1 Like