Current Project: Gothic(ish) House

I am working on a few projects. This is one I keep getting stuck on. I almost have the outside and infrastructure done, but I am really lost on what to make inside. I’ve been inspired by The Smelly Couch. Though, I am not sure I have the right skills and tools to recreate some of those awesome beds, etc.

Anyway, I am open to suggestions and tips! Thanks in advance.

20 Likes

Great work, and pretty piece of land you’ve built on too!! :smiley:

2 Likes

Aww. Thanks. I’m about to tackle more of it. I am really stuck on the “ballroom” area and the kitchen area. No idea what I am going to do.

2 Likes

I’ve added a bit to the inside.

The…er… sitting room.

The kitchen (need so much help)

A bedroom (one of a lot)

Creepy hallway

Still open to suggestions. I’d love to learn how to make more.

7 Likes

Hey your place is looking good. If you want any other ideas for interior designs. You should check out the smelly couch.

4 Likes

Thanks @georgegroeg! I appreciate the feedback. I love The Smelly Couch. Amazing work.! It is actually what inspired me to do the interior of this house. I’m definitely not skilled enough to do some of the things I’ve seen, but I am trying to figure them out or make my own version. I am at a complete loss for the ballroom, though. I guess a ballroom would be rather sparse… the kitchen is a huge challenge for me too.

2 Likes

Yeah I would think a ballroom would be pretty empty. And some small tables down the sides. A couple nice chandeliers.

2 Likes

Yet another challenge! I started trying to build one. It didn’t work out. Ha.

I’ll need to come back to the smelly couch for more inspiration. It’s such an amazing resource.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s a fun spot for me to play around.
@Apt added some of the coolest stuff there.
I have to build an @Ovis surface bumper there. With a link to his YouTube. That’s something anyone who builds underground needs. I’ve got 3 of them and will be adding more at my base.

6 Likes

A ballroom could have a very ornate floor, statuary, and maybe some chiseled alcoves. And lots of sparkly lighting. image

4 Likes

@Mallow - that is a great example! Thank you. My ballroom may be too small… which actually gets the wheels turning… uh oh.

3 Likes

Anyone is welcome to visit and provide feedback. I really want to become more skilled. It’s located on Melancholia which has a portal in the core HQ/ tnt hub on Delta Cancret. The house is pretty close to the portal. It may be visible from there.

I have several projects that I am working on and love feedback. :wink:

1 Like

Where is this smelly couch?

2 Likes

You still can make it bigger (before you build more stuffs). I would use Marble for your ballroom floor, I can donante you some if you want. It is from my past reclaimed buildings, I’m not really using it.

1 Like

Thanks @Dubbanz. I think I am going to expand the ballroom into that first bedroom. I also realized that I am building a kitchen, but I have no dining room. More to do.

I can show you the smelly couch next time we are both on (if you haven’t found it already).

1 Like

There’s a portal at the Towers of Power on alder(behind the t5-6 portal at TNT). Between money talks and Bullsnot walks and slippery Pete’s. In a small pile of crates.

2 Likes

You can use beacons or camp fires for fire and smoke effects when building kitchens and also outside for chimneys. Stone and metal combined looks good for any fireplace and oven designs:

7 Likes

Thank you @boundmore! Those are great examples. I feel like I am learning a lot about techniques and resources. This is such a great community!

4 Likes

Bats for gargoyles

3 Likes

Ballroom so far… it needs work.

Looks like a target at the moment.

3 Likes